PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki FC420V smoking problem

novared1@comcast.net
04-02-2007, 08:11 PM
I have a Lesco walk behind with a kawasaki FC420V engine. When I'm cutting on a hill with the mower and the highest part of the hill is on the right it will smoke bad every time, but when the highest part of the hill is on the left it never smokes. This is a fairly new engine (last season I was told). Is this a oil baffle problem? Does anyone have any idea? Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

mini14
04-02-2007, 08:25 PM
sucken oil into the carb .... grade is too steep, u dont want to blow the engine do u..use a good ole lawnboy 2 cycle if u can find one.

Restrorob
04-02-2007, 08:28 PM
It's the position of the crankcase breather in the block, That's normal on hills.
Mow hills with the breather facing UP hill.

MowerMedic77
04-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Here in FLAT S.Florida large steep hills are not an issue unless you are cutting the TRASH MOUNTAIN:laugh:
But I was always told the oil filter side of the engine should always be at the lowest point on an incline so oil is always pumping through the system.

Restrorob
04-03-2007, 12:59 PM
You have a point there MM,
But on this engine the oil pick-up screen is in the front center of the sump. If there were a lack of oil problem the unit shouldn't be on that steep of a hill to start with. :dizzy:

Mark in MD
04-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Might be there is too much oil in the engine.