PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me about this Bunton Hydro 36 WB on Ebay

Ronlawn
04-02-2007, 11:41 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320099437327&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1[/URL]

BUNTON MOWER
MODEL # BHT14KW
SER # WBHT64274
36" DECK
KAWASAKI FC420V MOTOR

Can I get parts for it from J Thomas. Is it a set up where you can go from forward to reverse by just squeezing the handle controls? The guy says he bought it just to sell so I don't know if he knows how it operates. thanks.

4curbappeal
04-02-2007, 11:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320099437327&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1[/URL]

BUNTON MOWER
MODEL # BHT14KW
SER # WBHT64274
36" DECK
KAWASAKI FC420V MOTOR

Can I get parts for it from J Thomas. Is it a set up where you can go from forward to reverse by just squeezing the handle controls? The guy says he bought it just to sell so I don't know if he knows how it operates. thanks.

I owned a Bunton 48 wb and it was a PITA! Wait for a few replies before you buy! I wish I could be more help!!!

J&R Landscaping
04-03-2007, 03:34 PM
That mower looks ike its in pretty rough shape. Without it running, you cant verify if there are any hydro problems. If in fact there is a hydro problem, it would not be worth dropping money into that mower IMHO.

pugs
04-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Is it just me or does it look like the whole engine/hydro mounting plate has a bend in it? Like the hydro pumps are angled slightly away from each other...

Ronlawn
04-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks guys for giving it a look. Yes it looks bent and beat up around the steel plate back there. I better go give it a look and test drive before bidding. The steel plate could be straightened and reinforced but I better make sure the drives run and sound OK. I guess maybe I was too in a hurry to get out of my belt drive to a hydro. (At that price I thought maybe I could even monkey around with it, add spars, borrow some parts from the Husqvarna WH4817EFQ quicklift and make it a hanging deck with a single height control lever).

mow2nd
04-04-2007, 01:13 AM
wow, what are you guys expecting for $350, I think the price is fine, not that I would buy it, I mean you get what you pay for. I didnt bother reading the ad, but come on guys, $350, you act like you're wanting a new bunton 36 hydro.

Ronlawn
04-04-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm looking in the J thomas catalog under Bunton 36, 48, 52 & 61 inch hydraulic mower - handle bar and deck parts, and the left side wheel motor is $266 but the right side says $549! One says White RS, and the other Ross. Maybe its the same motor but different brands. the pumps are identical ($336 per).

But can someone tell me if this unit is operated - goes from forward to reverse - by squeezing in the hand grips? I've never had a hydro wb and don't know if the control setup is universal or differs by brand and age. thanks.

My Dad thinks something must have crashed into the bottom rear of the mower as the cause of that buckling.

dhardin53
04-04-2007, 02:20 PM
I bought one a lot like the Bunton you are looking at. Mine need a lot of deck work (witch i fixed myself) and it running fine. cuts great. All and all it a good machine but I'm not a fan of the pistil grips control at all. It takes some real getting use to i guess. Its not really user friendly but there are many others out there with the same set up. The newer and much better controls are the T bad. Other than the pistil grip controls its an great machine. I gave $500 for mine so if you can get it runs and dose not need a lot of work, it is price right. Any hydro unit goes high. and I prefer hydros over all the belt drives iv tried out. Good luck.