PDA

View Full Version : New 07 Lazer Z Question

mike72
04-03-2007, 12:42 AM
I am going to buy a 07 lazer Z with the 27hp Kohler, 60" triton deck, light kit and mulch kit just to cut my lawn (about 2ac). 10K out the door including tax and delivery. How does the triton deck perform to the older deck and what depth 4" or 5" should I get for mulching.

Also, I have heard a lot of different opinions about mulching. I am having the dealer install the Exmark mulch kit, for just mowing my lawn only. Is mulching the way to go and what is the best method/conditions for mulching? Dry grass only? Cut height? speed? etc. I figure why spend the big money for a bag system for one yard and maybe two relatives(4ac total/ week)

Thanks

TAZ
04-03-2007, 08:45 AM
I didn't get the performance I had hoped for with my mulch kit on my 60" exmark ultra-cut. The height you will have to do some experimenting with but you will have to go slow. Even then from what I saw from it you will probably get some clumping here and there if you push it too hard. My unit was a lazer xs with the 31hp briggs on it.

Truth is that I have always mulched small yards with a WB and gotten good results. The ultracut chopped up and spread the clippings good enough that they were gone in a day. So I just side discharged.

-TAZ

ED'S LAWNCARE
04-03-2007, 09:37 AM
I have the Exmark lazer with a 27 hp kohler, ultracut with the mulch kit, and love it. It never bogs down and has a perfect cut. I don't like it but every now and then my wife will use it to cut the pastures at the farm ( I use the tractor w/bushog). It even handles that fine. I just need to clean the deck from the horse poop.