PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36 step saver and stripe kit ??

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-03-2007, 11:49 AM
I need some help ...I want to use the BOP step saver and configure it so that I can also use the Big League Lawn roller at the same time ....Any help would be appreciated .

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Bump......

wahlturfcare
04-03-2007, 01:01 PM
i made my own rollers(similar to Scag's) and use a proslide with no problem. I can post a pic if you like.

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-03-2007, 01:46 PM
If you would please post that would be great. Thanks....

shade tree landscaping
04-03-2007, 02:24 PM
BUCKEYE let me know how you do with the striping kit and step saver on a quick36. I was do the same thing but can't figure out how to rig it up.

http://www.shadetree-landscaping.com

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Will do...even Gary at BOP is curious ....I will tinker until something works ..I have tried it put on the step saver brackets and it works. It's just not stable enough . I am probably going to have to take the roller apart and hang it from chains and then try it ....Unless our peers have some ideas ...PLEASE....LOL

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-03-2007, 05:18 PM
BUMP...Come on Quick owners ....some one has to have some ideas.....

Richard Martin
04-03-2007, 05:57 PM
i made my own rollers(similar to Scag's) and use a proslide with no problem. I can post a pic if you like.

I'd like to see a video of you using a Proslide with a Quick.

Matts lawn care
04-03-2007, 07:00 PM

I would also be interested in seeing that.

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-03-2007, 09:20 PM
BUMP....Come on Quick owners need some ideas.......

Matts lawn care
04-03-2007, 10:18 PM
OK i will try and intervene here.
Keep in mind i do not own a step saver or the stripe kit. i based my idea off BOP's site. here is the picture that i have come up with.

Using the bottom bolt hole of the handle bar and the back bolt of the Adjustable Struts. Get two pieces of mettle and connect them. Make the connection around 1" lower than the step saver mount. Then mount striper on to the bracket.

Did this help?

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-03-2007, 10:59 PM
WOW !!! That's the kind of idea I was looking for. I also think that a longer cotter pin on the spot where the step saver goes on and attach both to the same point might be the solution......Keep the ideas coming. Thanks Matt

Vikings
04-03-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm not serious but this striper almost looks like a step saver with lots of wheels...if it only had a platform you could stand on you could kill two birds with one... whatever it is.

btw, I hearby notify you all that this post could be conscrewed as a copyright.

http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com/ProductImages/ACC-0009_1.jpg

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-03-2007, 11:32 PM
What the heck ..conscrewed ?? We are trying to take two products that BOP sells and find a way to use them together ......These ideas are to be used by people who see a need....

Vikings
04-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Why isn't the striper stable? Does the step saver arm interfere with it? or do the step saver wheels turn into it?

It kinda looks like it would fit, just scrolling between those two pics.

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-04-2007, 12:08 AM
The problem is that if you put one or the other on the way it was intended ...you cannot put the other one on ..hence the need to attempt to modify them to fit our needs......

Grits
04-04-2007, 12:14 AM

That would be awesome!

lifetree
04-04-2007, 12:47 AM
WOW !!! That's the kind of idea I was looking for ... I also think that a longer cotter pin on the spot where the step saver goes on and attach both to the same point might be the solution......Keep the ideas coming. Thanks Matt

Too bad Buckeye, the idea I was looking for was, GO GATORS !!! Ohio State just can't get enough of them GATORS ... first, the BCS championship in football in January, 2007, and now the NCAA championship in Baskeball in April, 2007. This is a first in history ... where one school wins both national titles in the same year ... GO GATORS !!!

Richard Martin
04-04-2007, 04:59 AM
I'm not serious but this striper almost looks like a step saver with lots of wheels...if it only had a platform you could stand on you could kill two birds with one... whatever it is.

btw, I hearby notify you all that this post could be conscrewed as a copyright.

That "whatever it is" is a Big League Lawns striper. You can get them for any mower at www.bigleaguelawns.com.

The problem with putting a platform on that striper is you have to be able to manually turn the mower just like a 21" push mower. There would be no way to steer the mower.

And you would have a copyright violation. You cannot copyright someone else's work.

Vikings
04-04-2007, 05:26 AM
And you would have a copyright violation. You cannot copyright someone else's work.

I'm in Canada so you can't so me:cool2: I mean SUE me ofcourse... you see we can't even spell it.

Richard Martin
04-04-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm in Canada so you can't so me:cool2: I mean SUE me ofcourse... you see we can't even spell it.

It wouldn't be worth the effort but you can be sued even if you are in Canada. Microsoft is constantly going after illegal software makers all over the globe.

TAZ
04-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Buckey,
Gary could help you out here more than I could but it seems to me that there is ample room to move the striping roller forward. This could be accomplished by removing the rear wheels and drilling 2 more (one per side) 1/4" holes in the lower rear frame similar to what is there now. This would move the roller closer to the rear wheels and free up the back holes to be used for the step-saver. You may have a clearance issue with the step-saver frame on the roller if you are going over allot of uneven ground though. That is why I say talk to Gary about it.

I am more curious as to why you would want to do this. The mower stripes damn good w/o the roller. I thought about getting one back when I got my mower but didn't. I have run exmark's striper and now run scag's unit and to be honest it's not a night and day difference with them on or off.

-TAZ

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Too bad Buckeye, the idea I was looking for was, GO GATORS !!! Ohio State just can't get enough of them GATORS ... first, the BCS championship in football in January, 2007, and now the NCAA championship in Baskeball in April, 2007. This is a first in history ... where one school wins both national titles in the same year ... GO GATORS !!!

LIFETREE ...Your boys had a great year ...we only had a good year ...Congrats and let's see what happens this year ....

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Back to the top ...anymore ideas ?? Last time I will bump it...Thanks for your help

nmez21
04-04-2007, 07:40 PM
I don't own either, but it looks like the Hustler Roll-On and the Stepsaver are mounted in the same way. The question is what is the width between the roll-on's 2 brackets and that of the stepsaver. If it weren't the correct width you might be able to find the difference and get a piece of steel to cover the distance and a longer bolt to install it. Here's a couple pics for reference. Quick 36 owners, would you still be able to steer if it did mount correctly?
http://www.hustlerturfequipment.com/ProductPages/ProductPagesCont/TSHydro/TSHydroAttach/TSHydroAttachImages/TSHydroAttachIR_06.jpg
http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com/bodypages/images/AccessoriesStepSave.jpg

lifetree
04-04-2007, 11:23 PM
nmez21 -- Thanks for providing the picture of the Hustler device with the striping kit ... it seems to me that it would be very doable with the Q-36 step saver unit. Gary, what do you think ?

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the pic Nmez21. Its at least one set up I can try.

shade tree landscaping
04-07-2007, 05:40 PM
no one has anyother ideas on how to attach the striper to the step saver? Waiting for my step saver to arrive its back orderd. One I get it though I would love to know how to attach both @ the same time

http://www.shadetree-landscaping.com

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-07-2007, 11:04 PM
The step saver works great and it does stripe good with out the roller ...but.....I REALLY like the look with the roller...I have few ideas in the works....I will post pics when I get it right and it stops SNOWING ...LOL

shade tree landscaping
04-14-2007, 11:46 PM
no one else has come up with anymore ideas on the step saver with the roller on a Quick 36?

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-15-2007, 09:48 AM
no one else has come up with anymore ideas on the step saver with the roller on a Quick 36?

I am still playing with it ..if it ever turns into spring and not winter I may get it figured out...

One thing to try ..move the rollers brackets in and turn them around and use longer pins for the step saver to attach .I am using the pins from the step saver to attach it and the roller....It looks like a winner when I find some longer cotter pins.

shade tree landscaping
05-14-2007, 09:47 AM
finally got my stepsaver on friday, now I am trying to fig out how to attach the stepsaver and the striping kit on the machine togather. Just wondering if anyone from this post ever figured out how to put them on togather. Any sugestion would be a great help! thanks!

BUCKEYE MOWING
05-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Well....short of doing some metal work....get some longer pins for the step saver and attach the rollers there ...It may not be the long term answer ...but it does work

shade tree landscaping
05-14-2007, 07:11 PM
BUCKEYE, have you done this, and do u have any pics u can share of it?

BUCKEYE MOWING
05-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Yes I have done it....I will post some pics as soon as I figure out the digi cameras issues ....all the pics turn out dark ..

Prime Cut Lawns LLC
05-15-2007, 12:40 AM
I tried on mine too...Nope; it just won't work. It's either one or the other. So if anyone out their would like to buy a BRAND NEW Quick 36 strip-kit let me know. It's never been put on, I'd rather use the step saver myself.