PDA

View Full Version : New used machine

firelwn
04-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I picked up a seal coating machine last year. Turns out it needed a-lot more work than I thought. I need to find a pump for it, can I use ant water transfer pump or not? Right now its set up with 2 different motors. 1- 5hp motor for the aggitator and another 6hp (I think its 6 hp) for the pump. I think 6hp is a little much to spray sealer, what do you guys think? I'll get some pictures and post them If it stops raining some time, I know how we love pictures.

upstateasphalt.com
04-03-2007, 05:36 PM
i sell full set ups, sounds like you bought a problem .
the only way to go is air operated!! I can set you up.

firelwn
04-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Of coarse you can. But I don't even know if I'm going to keep doing this. I'm just getting my feet wet. I don't want to spend a butt load of money and turn around and loose it. I bought this setup for 150 bucks had a motor and I can get another, just need the pump to transfer the fluid. I know the air is the best way to go by far but........ Not yet.

firelwn
04-14-2007, 05:19 PM
OK here we go. Here are the pictures for you guys to take a look at. Keep in mind I'm looking from pump info. I don't want to spend huge amounts of $$'s on this thing, I don't even know if I'm going to do it for sure. My goal is to make enough this year and get a new setup next year. I want to run a guy out of my area that does crap for work and was caught dumping left over sealer into one of our creeks. :hammerhead: But here are the pics. INFO PLEASE, I'm not looking to purchase new equipment only a pump and possibly 2 motors.

firelwn
04-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Heres a couple more

firelwn
04-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Lets try this again, guess I can only post one picture or some thing. But thats the pump anyways

ssupercoolss
04-20-2007, 12:51 PM
imho, air is not the best way to go. for me its one engine, hydraulic aggitator and product pump.

EWS
04-20-2007, 11:33 PM
only use air operated systyems all other systems are used by gypsies. you cant run sand through a product pump, they are for the transfer of WATER... not sealer with sand. with air you also get better pressure and a better spray pattern. you can spray a driveway at 45-65 psi. it will look like ass. uneven and lines.

onahill
05-30-2007, 11:02 AM
only use air operated systyems all other systems are used by gypsies. you cant run sand through a product pump, they are for the transfer of WATER... not sealer with sand. with air you also get better pressure and a better spray pattern. you can spray a driveway at 45-65 psi. it will look like ass. uneven and lines.

We all know EWS, if we do not do it your way we are lowballing gypsies spraying paint:dizzy:

You will be just fine with the set up you have firelwn. I bet you can find a replacement pump around your town fairly cheep.

firelwn
05-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Ok so yh, Where would I get on of these pumps? WoulTSC he them or do I have to o someplace special. at is in bloom and I have a sytem I can't use it blows. :cry:

onahill
05-30-2007, 01:40 PM
I would start by looking in stores like Northern Equipment and Fleat-Farm.

EWS
05-30-2007, 01:46 PM
BUy a air operated system from either sealrite or sealmaster, you can get one for around 2500-3000 and you will make your money back veryquicky, you do not want to be bothered buying a cheaper inferior system that will keep breaking down and slowing you down.

onahill
05-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Ok so yh, Where would I get on of these pumps? WoulTSC he them or do I have to o someplace special. at is in bloom and I have a sytem I can't use it blows. :cry:

One more place you might try, Give the guys that you get your bulk sealer from a call they always know where you can get stuff like that.

Allot of them have bone-yards full of stuff.

firelwn
05-31-2007, 12:14 AM
Mayb I'll have to start this o. This was my first post....
I picked up a seal coating machine last year. Turns out it needed a-lot more work than I thought. I need to find a pump for it, can I use any water transfer pump or not? Right now its set up with 2 different motors. 1- 5hp motor for the aggitator and another 6hp (I think its 6 hp) for the pump. I think 6hp is a little much to spray sealer, what do you guys think? I'll get some pictures and post them If it stops raining some time, I know how we love pictures.
Are you with me now??? Second post.....

Of coarse you can. But I don't even know if I'm going to keep doing this. I'm just getting my feet wet. I don't want to spend a butt load of money and turn around and loose it. I bought this setup for 150 bucks had a motor and I can get another, just need the pump to transfer the fluid. I know the air is the best way to go by far but........ Not yet.

Can we be on the same pnow guys? EWS, I understand where your coming from but RELAST SENTANCE.... STOP PUSHING AIR OPERATED MACHINES ON ME!!!

gypsyraised
06-04-2007, 12:22 AM
try quality farm n fleet or i think they are called tls now...if you can get it the canadian made red lion pumps is nice....but the cheaper plastic pacer version works well too...and the guy who thinks that we cant spray sand is inaccurate...not only can you spray sand,but if you go with the cheap plastic pacer you can peplace just the pump once a year for about $65.00...my 1st post hope it helps

firelwn
06-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks Gypsy that helps of those just was't sure. Do you use this setup and how much product before it needs to be rebuilt?

gypsyraised
06-05-2007, 08:49 PM
yes i use the the red lion pump..it works well for me and though i havnt used the pacer pump yet,i,m very likely to consider it in the future because of the low replacement cost...it should easily get you through a season with ease...hopefully by then the 70.00 replacement pump wont seem a steep investment,,,glad i could help.