PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed Trailer Repair

milsaps118
04-03-2007, 01:06 PM
I need to replace a couple panels that have some big holes on our enclosed trailer.

Does anyone know where I can get replacement aluminum panels?

LB1234
04-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Good luck with that. We had to have 6-7 replaced last fall. Most body shops won't do it. We actually needed to go to a auto repair for large trucks and buses. Anyway, try a body shop that specializes in truck repair...and I'm not referring to a pickup.

Also, if you have any 'camp-outs' near you try there. I went to the one in jersey and they were willing to order our panels.

milsaps118
04-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Good luck with that. We had to have 6-7 replaced last fall. Most body shops won't do it. We actually needed to go to a auto repair for large trucks and buses. Anyway, try a body shop that specializes in truck repair...and I'm not referring to a pickup.

Also, if you have any 'camp-outs' near you try there. I went to the one in jersey and they were willing to order our panels.

After some long research on the Internet, I got lucky and found a company local to me that has the same aluminum material (skin) as on my trailer, or for any aluminum skinned enclosed for that matter. They also have 4-5 different colors to pick from, with both sides painted. I called them and got a price. To replace all the panels on my 16 footer its $300 and that includes them cutting to my exact dimensions of my original panels. Of course you have to take off the old ones and replace 'em which is not a big deal, and that is for black(outside)/white(inside), and...this is actually thicker than OEM @ .040, OEM is usually .030, at least on my Cargo Pro it is .030.