PDA

View Full Version : Tow behind lawn vac question

Capemay Eagle
04-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Just wondering if anyone could help me out. I am ready to buy a tow behind lawn vac. I am crossed between two models. I am looking at the DR power vac 6hp premier or the Cyclone rake commander. They both have features I like I just cannot make up my mind. I would also like to know if they are able to pick up acorns. any help appriciated..

LarryF
04-03-2007, 02:38 PM
I would also like to know if they are able to pick up acorns..

That depends on whether or not your mower blade will lift the acorns from the ground and send them through the mower-deck discharge. If the acorns get that far, the Cyclone Rake power unit will then suck them up and deliver them to the hopper. I suspect the other vacuum unit will too.

The Captain
04-03-2007, 04:07 PM
I've bought a Cyclone Rake 4 or 5 years ago because I've got 6 very large Oak trees. The "Rake" does a good job. I pull it with a 42" cut, 12.5hp lawn tractor. The problem with any tow behind unit is the tow vehical wheels push the acorns/gumballs down into the grass or soil. High lift blades do help.

Jim

Capemay Eagle
04-04-2007, 09:34 AM
I've bought a Cyclone Rake 4 or 5 years ago because I've got 6 very large Oak trees. The "Rake" does a good job. I pull it with a 42" cut, 12.5hp lawn tractor. The problem with any tow behind unit is the tow vehical wheels push the acorns/gumballs down into the grass or soil. High lift blades do help.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I have to decided to call and order a Cyclone today. I am not in the business, just Harry the home owner. I have about 25 large Oaks in my yard and they spewed the most acorns last season that I ever seen, it is only going to get worse. So I need this machine.

I have one more quick question, Is there a general forum in here for the regular home owner. I don't want to post in the wrong forum. I just need some advice on seeding and fertilizer. I also have some moss that seems to grow under my holly tree on the West side of my home. I need to know if there is any thing to kill moss. Thanks guys..

The Captain
04-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Use the "Search" function. You'll be able to find out things you didn't know existed without regard to Forum location.

MILSINC
04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
for moss, go to a chemical supplier like lesco and ask for a product containing carfentrazone.. speedzone or Q-4 work well in combination on moss.

brian mon
04-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey if you haven't orderded your cyclone rake yet ...

check out Agri-Fab chipper vac, does the same but has a bigger motor, and I think not as expensive

Capemay Eagle
04-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey if you haven't orderded your cyclone rake yet ...

check out Agri-Fab chipper vac, does the same but has a bigger motor, and I think not as expensive

I ordered it. it was $1325.00, with some extras I got on top and the delivery charge. I think the Agrifab was like $1400.00. I like the fact the Cyclone can fold up and be stored on the wall. More room in the garage, the better..I did like the fact the Agrifab was a 8 horse, but it is a 8 horse Tecumsen.

CustomKare
04-06-2007, 10:49 PM
I have the DR machine.......It's horrible! Very clumsy,uncontrolable, too big to work with. Good choice on the Cyclone!!!