PDA

View Full Version : Scag Wildcat

jbullis
04-03-2007, 05:58 PM
I have been watching this forum for some time now. I maintain between 3 to 4 acres. I dont have alot of "extra" time mowing and raking. I have been visting several commerical dealers, and now I have narrowed my search down to a Scag Wildcat with the 30hp Kohler and 61" cut. I will put less than 50 hours a years and this should last me many, many years due to the build of the machine and quality. Anyone with experiance with this model or could point me in another direction, please let me know.

Thanks,
JBullis

scagwildcat
04-03-2007, 06:20 PM
whats my name ? lol just kidding
i own a wildcat and i love it, it mows great, i use it every day out in the field and at the end of the day besides the sun burn i feel like i havent even worked at all.. the machine doesnt scalp,and its fast!

mrgreen3
04-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Is there a kawi option?

jbullis
04-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Yes, the kaw is an option, the kohler model is a left over new 06' the kaw with the 61" is about $800 differance for the 07'.

ed2hess
04-03-2007, 07:05 PM
You must have a lot of extra money.....this Scag is a major overkill for 50 hours per year. At least move down to the Scag Freedom series.

F.O.S.
04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
You say you want to be pointed in another direction. Go grasshopper :). Scag makes an excellent machine and if you're only going to put on 50 hrs a year the Kohler will last long enough to pass this mower on to your grandchildren. This mower I'm sure will make you very happy and exceed your expectations.

TAZ
04-04-2007, 07:54 AM
I just moved over to a scag wildcat from exmark. I have been very impressed with the unit. I went with the kaw option as there were problems with the 30hp kohler (hoizontal shaft) posted here last year. My initial opinions of the mower is that is tears way less turf when turning, performs better on soft ground and the ride is 10x better. I can't fully rate the cut yet as we haven't really hit the peak growing season but all indications on the cutting that I have done with the unit so far is that it's clipping dispersal and cut is right there with the exmark.

You may want to look at some of the tiger cub models. They are on the same frame. They just have different engine options and the briggs models have fixed rops and smaller wheels.

-TAZ

jbullis
04-06-2007, 07:33 PM
pulled the trigged the trigger and bought the wildcat........

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
04-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Thumbs up,top machine i would but the striping kit they are so cool.