PDA

View Full Version : RE Can you believe this lady???????

bohiaa
04-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Yup I can....

I was doing a 850.00 clean up at a house, and it never fails the neabors allways come out we ya arrive.... So this 1 guy says ok get all this and that. Pointing to HIS alley,,, So I told him that I would have to charge him...WHAT your here anyway,,, yup you'll save on the drive time...

Ok that's dead... next thing I kno he's out there cleaning debree from his side putting it on MY TRAILER.... MY TRAILER.....
So starts the yelling... hay waht ya doing... You have to go to the land fill anyway.... YEA BUT IT COST ME 30.00 to DUMP....

got rid of him and... the neabor on the other side did the same thing... I couldn't belive it.... after he herd me tell that guy.....

for 3 to 4 years these people wont come out and do anything to there lawn but Boy when we show up....

KrayzKajun
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Wow! I guess some people are jus plain dumb!

RedMax Man
04-03-2007, 06:28 PM
They must think your a community service doing all this for FREE.
Talk about taking advantage of someone:dizzy:

pjslawncare/landscap
04-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Sound crazy to me! I do beleive I would have called the cops

scagwildcat
04-03-2007, 06:29 PM
people have b@lls!
i did a brush removel job a few years back, truck was all loaded just had to clean up around the truck a little( twigs that fell off) they start comming out with household garbage, wtf! said i was getting paid to go to the dump anyways ,it didnt matter what i was taking with me! so i got paid, then took the bags off and told them that the check they gave me was for the brush, not for the garbage bags, got in and drove off!

in your case i would have taken the debris that you had and put it where they were cleaning. see how they like it!!

kleankutslawn
04-03-2007, 06:47 PM
you should send them a bill

LawnBrother
04-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Wow. that takes balls! I would get pretty stern pretty quick with that sheet.

ChadsLawn
04-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Thats crazy... Ive never heard of anything like that before..

Woody82986
04-03-2007, 08:17 PM
I had a lady that I was doing a clean up for actually try to throw a couple old rotten pieces of plwood on my trailer a couple years ago. When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "Well you are doing our clean up. I just thought I would help out a little." I came unglued on her. I stood there discussing this with her for 5 minutes and she just couldn't understand why the crap in her house wasn't included in the clean up... like the term "lawn care" doesn't lend a clue...

fiveoboy01
04-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I'd remove their debris from my trailer, place them in the person's front yard, and tell them not to approach my vehicle again, or the police would be called.

Idiots.

topsites
04-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't say squat to them kind, just keep right on working, but they get to me somedays too...
One reason I learned to park in front of my customer's yard as much as possible...

Had one last fall, left my truck and trailer within about 6-8 feet of his curb so I had room to get my customer's mess of leaves away from their curb... So he comes out and 'hey I got this half of my cul-de-sac, so you go ahead and you get that half over there ok?' And of course, the entire cul-de-sac's covered in leaves... I really might've been ok with it, except it wasn't a question, thou he phrased it to sound like one, he meant to be telling me who is the boss... I didn't say squat, but loaded up a couple of things, lifted and secured the gate and moved my rig to the other side, then kept working and doing what I was hired to do. When I was finished, I left the bill as usual, got in my truck, and went on.
Needless to say, whatever half of his street I was supposed to do, never got done.
As for me, the satisfaction of thinking how far the guy's jaw must've dropped was enough (thou I'm sure he still could use an adjustment, I'm beyond caring).

I just don't pay them no mind, it used to make me all kinds of mad, but nowadays I just keep right on going, no matter what they say, I am on my customer's time and nobody has the right or the reason to interrupt that.

I am guessing they're testing us, but idk...