PDA

View Full Version : Subdivision Bid!

KrayzKajun
04-03-2007, 06:20 PM
I have been asked by a Homeowners association to give them a bid on maintaing the front of the subdivision, the entrance, and a culdesac in the neighbor hood. I already cut 30 houses in the neighbor hood, this is why they asked me. all30 houses are cut for between $50-$70 a cut. They want me to trim the whole line of trees across the whole front and mow! I will be doing this solo!
I measured out the cutting areas it came out to be about 40,000 SQFT.

Section 1) 167' x 49'
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/springwoodestates005.jpg
Section 2) 527' x 49'
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/springwoodestates006.jpg
Section 3) 340' x 49'
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/springwoodestates002.jpg
Entrance and culdesac would take about hour to do

pjslawncare/landscap
04-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Sooo, whats yur ?? Are u asking for input on pricing. I dont know what equipment U have, but with mine
Id have to say $30 for section 1, $50 for section 2, $40 for section 3 for a total of $120.00. If anything exsists that is not pictured, I'd price accordingly

KrayzKajun
04-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Im asking for advice on pricing! Im only running a 38" ZTR right now

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
04-03-2007, 06:58 PM
$120 sounds fair for just mowing, but trimming the trees is kind of hard to say without knowing how short and how often. I'd guess between $500-600 for the trimming and hauling off.

1cooltreeguy
04-03-2007, 07:04 PM
If u r getting $50-$70 a home in division.? I would be looking @ $150 per mow, blow for all 3 total. I would try to sell mulch to them for those trees. That would look Great. Good luck.

ed2hess
04-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Just keep in mind if you blow this and don't get the job another lawn service may move into the area.....I would never ever being tell people I am making $70 per yard and show pictures where it is at:hammerhead:

KrayzKajun
04-03-2007, 07:50 PM
they asked me because the guy before was doing it for dirt cheap and was doing a horrible job. The president of the Homeowners association told me he wants to pay for quality work

Precision
04-04-2007, 02:32 PM
they asked me because the guy before was doing it for dirt cheap and was doing a horrible job. The president of the Homeowners association told me he wants to pay for quality work
so work up a bid to include everything you think should be done.

unfortunately this will most likely call his bluff.

I would suggest a nice mulch bed around the trees.

some decorative plantings around the culverts

reseeding of the dirt patches in the culverts

round up in the new mulch and planting beds.

then your normal mow (etc) job.

as far as pricing, price by time. on those 30 yards you gross +/- $1800 per cut. lets say that takes you 25 man hours including drive time.

so for the front area you should figure how much time it should take for regular maintenance and multiply by your normal hourly rate. (which is $72 per hour) in the above example.

So say mowing, line trimming, edging and blowing will take 2.5 hours then charge $180 per cut. Simple enough.

ed2hess
04-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Sorry but I don't think quality mowing to going to straighten out the way the ditch and bushes look. Maybe weed control and replacement of those things that should be nice bushes for starters, and maybe some irrigation?

supercuts
04-04-2007, 07:06 PM
am i missing something here?? that to me looked like 20-25 minutes worth of mowing an open field solo. your only doing down to the tall weeds in pic 1 right?? id go for about $70. Hess nailed it on the head when he said nothing will be quality with this lot until the weeds and ditch are taken care of. as for the trees i would probably just top them so the shorter ones catch up albery was right about where i would be 500ish +/- hard to tell from pic.

i think you should have skipped the bling bling wheels and gone for 60" ZTR if you have alot of big lawns