PDA

View Full Version : K2500 seatbelt.....

mcwlandscaping
04-03-2007, 07:27 PM
The passenger side seatbelt on my truck became locked for some reason after you pull about 8 inches of belt out......however, i cannot get the bolt going into the floor of the truck to budge so i can get to the inner working of the belt mechanism.....is there some trick to getting this off? I don't want to remove just the plastic cover since it is riveted on.....

btw, and i know its not just full of dirt and unlubricated as i keep it very well lubricated, i think just something is tangled or caught in there!
thanks
-mike-

Sydenstricker Landscaping
04-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Sounds like your seatbelt committed suicide in there. I had one do that on my 94 2500. Those bolts are a PITA to get out. I think they have some sort of permanent lock tight or something, since they are made to withstand a wreck and not pull out. You may need to use an impact gun to get it to budge, that is what I did

mcwlandscaping
04-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Dad fixed it while i was at band practice, he had to pull a few things apart in there, and its not all back together the right way, but, the seatbelt works as it is suppose to now!!!

-thanks guys!!-

TWUllc
04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
btw, and i know its not just full of dirt and unlubricated as i keep it very well lubricated,

Thats the 1st time I've ever heard of someone lubricating a seatbelt

mcwlandscaping
04-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Thats the 1st time I've ever heard of someone lubricating a seatbelt
The dumbell mechanism inside can get dirt in it and become locked as it does like when you brake hard or get in an accident......it's a pita!