PDA

View Full Version : brush removal

snowshreadr4ever
04-03-2007, 08:35 PM
hey guys
i was called to give a quote today for some mulching. it is 270 ft by 3 ft, i no how to price mulch but here is the question: the are the lady wants mulched is the outside boarder of her property and the entire area that needs to be mulched is filled with brush and small trees. i figure i need to rent a brush hog or something. How much would you guys charge to remove 270 ft x 3 ft of brush?

thanks alot

WALKER LANDSCAPE
04-03-2007, 08:39 PM
How thick is the brush fela. How much does your rental place charge for a WB brush hog. How long do you think it will take you to do the work and haul it away? What do you charge for manual labor per hour? All these question have the answer your lookin for.

snowshreadr4ever
04-03-2007, 09:37 PM
thick, $63 for 8 hours, i dont know how long it will take me, i gave the dimensions because i dont know how long it will take me thats why i am asking. I'm not looking for the exact price but a ball park of what other people would charge.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
04-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Hey if your doing it yourself double your hours rent a tow chipper and the brushhog another 250 to 300 added to your hours. You will be around 1100 to 1200 dollars. If you have good help I say around 11 hours. What equipment do you have now IE Truck, Trailer Etc.

snowshreadr4ever
04-04-2007, 10:24 AM
right now i'm using a 04 F-350, 16' trailer, 2 exmark 60" ztr & stihl hand held stuff. I have a couple wheel barrows and stuff to spread the mulch after i get the area cleared out. I dont have any equipment for clearing out the brush and i've never really done it before. I think it will take me about 6 to 7 hours to clear it all out.

bigmudder77
04-04-2007, 10:33 AM
if your using a brush hog you can mow it down in an hours maybe less then just put the mulch on top of all that stuff it will die after you cut it and the mulch will be there on top of it

bigmudder77
04-04-2007, 10:34 AM
but thats with a big farm use brush hog some of these little 21in ones i seen on ebay it will take a while

snowshreadr4ever
04-04-2007, 12:38 PM
the lady wants me to remove all the debris and lay down that fabric stuff on top of the ground to prevent weeds from growing (until the weeds break through). Is there anything else i need to do after the brush is removed to prep for mulching?

WALKER LANDSCAPE
04-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Hey dont put that fabric down you will be sorry when you come back to remulch next year. It is hard to mini tiller those areas with that fabric. Just put a good Pre or round up down. If you rent the chipper you will make less trips to the dump. You could always shoot the chips down and cover with mulch.