PDA

View Full Version : Shindawia EB8510 Blowers?????

GreenNation
04-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Anyone got any feedback on the Shindawia EB8510 BP Blower? We are in the process of choosing a direction on new blowers and would like some input from any Shindawia users. The whole Redmax/Husky deal has us a little undecisive. Thanks for some information and help.

Charles Townsend
Green Nation Lawnscapes, LLC
Bristol, Tennessee

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
04-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Most on here love em,i just did another max 5000,shin next buy.

dwlah
04-03-2007, 09:54 PM
I bought one (8510)last fall Its all right its a little heavier than the old one(red one) does seam to blow faster and gets done a bit quicker.
Occasionally stops on the compression stroke so it likes to follow the pull cord
(maybe 2-3 times since Ive had it)
Would I buy another one? most likely

Mowman16
04-03-2007, 11:04 PM
I just got another Redmax....with a two year warranty and their name behind you, you can't go wrong.

ACEMowing
04-04-2007, 02:06 PM
We bought the 8510 last April with the right hand throttle and love it. It was awesome for the big leaf clean ups last fall... more power = less time.
That being said, we still use our 5 or 6 year old Shindaiwa EB-480 on occassion and it's been nothing but perfect as far as reliabilty but the 8510 power really will spoil you.

BSDeality
04-04-2007, 02:50 PM
simply put. Its a great blower for cleanups, however I do not use mine for day-to-day stuff. it's too big, bulky and heavy. I have an old Echo BP751 for that.

jqlawn
04-05-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm trying to make up my mind now between the EB8510 and the Sthil BR600. The Shindaiwa is more expensive @ $549 and the Sthil is $469. I guess the EB8510 is worth $80 more...is it?????

lawn mowin fool
04-05-2007, 04:32 PM
"The whole Redmax/Husky deal has us a little undecisive."

Don't worry about the Husky thing. They were bought bu Husky out of Sweeden. They own everyone, Dixon, McCullough, Poulon, etc and they left them alone. From what I understand thay may trade a few products to complete each product line, but overall Husquvarna USA and RedMax will remain completely separate.

lawnkid
04-05-2007, 05:35 PM
I have a shindaiwa 8510 with the chode tip that we bought this past fall for cleanups. Initially I was a little shocked at the price but I'd say it was worth it. It is a very powerful blower for cleanups but it doens't get used for mowing. At first I thought something was wrong with it because it sound slike it is not at full throttle, but it is. Just new C-4 technology. Like the others said, I don't need a blower that strong for everyday mowing. We also have an Echo PB-650 and the Shindaiwa is much stronger. We have two PB-603's that go on the mowing trailer. And as for the Redmax 8000, I hear they are junk. I deal with a guy who sells both Redmax and Shindaiwa, and he steered me towards the Shindaiwa. I guess the 8000's have a lot of recalls. I like the Redmax 7000's and 7001's, but the new 8000's are junk imo. If you can get one for about $540, I'd say do it. If not the Shindaiwa EB-630's, Redmax 7001's, or the Echo PB-751's are good. Hope this helps.

MuleCutter
04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
go with the stihl br600. blows better, cheaper and doesnt vibrate.

jqlawn
04-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Well...I "bit the bullet" and bought the Schindaiwa EB8510RT for $559. It definitely is WAY overkill for what I'll normally use it for, but hey from my reasearch(countless threads) Shin makes a high quality product.

I was looking at the Sthil BR600 and the Red Max EBZ-8000 too. All my readings basically informed me that one was just as good as the other. The Stihl had comparable power and it did look better between the other two, I really didn't like the plastic shell which gave it its look. How durable could that be over time, you know how brittle plastic gets over the years. As for the RedMax I had no real issues with it.

The Shin has more cc's than both and when you get right down to it more cc's should equal more power over the long haul, but who knows??? I just liked the Shin better, it just looks well built. Although, I have to admit it is heavier than I thought it would be.

Now I'm thinking about upgrading my trimmer and edger to Shindaiwa too! Both are Craftsman that I've had for at least 9-10 years. No real problems, but man they can be hard to start sometimes, especially the 33cc trimmer...I really hate that thing! I've hated it for the past 3 or 4 years!

Thanks!