PDA

View Full Version : Pre em problem

LawnTamer
04-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Howdy all.
I've been running Pre em Aqua cap with 2-4-d ester for the last month without any problems. I switched from straight 2-4-d to Lesco 3-way today and it seems to have become bound up with the Pre em. It completely gunked up my sprayer and my filters.
Anyone ever have a problem mixing pre em and 3 way?

mnturfmaster
04-04-2007, 08:15 PM
did you do a compatability test first to see how they would react together?

gsxr1100
04-04-2007, 09:09 PM
shake the pre-m before adding?

CHARLES CUE
04-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Lawntamer
We use a compatibility agent called kombind to help blend different products and never had a problem.But we always do a jar test just to be safe side.Thats got to be a mess. Have you got it cleaned out yet?
hope this helps Charles

LawnTamer
04-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Lawntamer
We use a compatibility agent called kombind to help blend different products and never had a problem.But we always do a jar test just to be safe side.Thats got to be a mess. Have you got it cleaned out yet?
hope this helps Charles

Took me 3.5 hrs to clean it out. The weird thing is, pre em and 3-way pass the jar test with no problems. Must be something about switching from the ester to the amine, I don't know. Just about everyone here runs pre em and 3-way.:confused:

hmartin
04-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Any fert in the mix?

Weedburner
04-04-2007, 11:35 PM
The label on most all Pendimethalin products allow for mixing with Three Way and I have done it in the past. Did you have something extra in the tank or some product that froze? I would try the next batch in a small hand sprayer.
Even if it did pass the jar test. Let use know what you find out.

RigglePLC
04-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Was the water cold? Can you mix with warm water? Three way or Three way Ester II?

RigglePLC
04-05-2007, 12:15 AM
City water? Well water? What is pH? Which product did you add first? Do you have agitation or a bypass agitation set up? Did you run agitation for a few minutes? Did you get crystals of weed killer salting out? Is it worse when cold?
Good suggestion--try it in hand sprayer.

xpnd
04-05-2007, 11:13 AM
My first question would be is why are you switching to a more expensive product that is not that much more, if any effective than the LV 2-4,D. The three way is much harsher on the lawns and more subject to damaging non target plants through gassing off in warmer temps. Granted the LV is slower working but it does work. I use 1oz of sticker/1000 and can use the LV to as little as .25oz/1000 in the summer on new lawns and still get great results without scorching the lawn. It is very slow at the rate but it gets the job done.

tremor
04-06-2007, 01:31 AM
Threeway is an amine which is thicker in viscosity than an ester. Is this a low volume application? In low volume applications you might consider Triplet Low Odor from Nufarm (the maker of Threeway). Triplet LO was formulated for lower volume applications.