PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna Titanium line

jnjnlc
07-27-2001, 09:18 PM
Anyone using the Husqvarna Titanium trimmer line that they were giving away at the expo?

I used it this week. It was pretty good. I have noticed that my trimmer has got a bad vibration all of a sudden. I was using .105 string. I use the .095 Husq string and the vibration was less. I may switch to it when I run out of the .105 stuff.

TLS
07-27-2001, 09:37 PM
I just bought a 1lb spool of it .095. I was using generic .105 square line. It would really create a lot of suction and wind and hence bog the engine. I switched to the .095 Titanium and it seems like I'm going through it real quick. Doesn't really fray, just disappears?! I'll have to use it awhile longer to make a better decision.

Mike (MLC)
07-27-2001, 11:32 PM
I still haven't used mine yet. Every time I think about using it in the trimmer, my helper usually already has re strung it with the usual string. Can't wait to put it to the test to see how it does for me.

jasonp
07-28-2001, 12:01 AM
I bought a small roll of it and it does last long on the spool but it gets tangled to easy. I will just stay with my regular echo line.
The time it takes to take off the spool and un tangle is worse than going trough a spool it seems to me.

TLS
07-28-2001, 12:06 AM
Tangled? You have me confused? Its just like regular line, but its ribbed....for comfort....er for performance.

How does it tangle more than other line?

jasonp
07-28-2001, 12:12 AM
Im saying it doesnt seem to feed as good to me, when you bump and go. It is some tough stuff though I give it that.

sheppard
07-28-2001, 08:42 PM
Been using the .095 for about 3 weeks. Works great! Does not fray, as was mentioned- it just disappears. Vibrates when one end is shorter than the other. It really wacks thicker growth. Not great on fine work around manicured flower beds.

Cordially,
Sheppard

leaflawnandlimb
07-29-2001, 03:13 PM
For years I used the echo round line but just switched to gator-magnum line, love it. I used the husky line and it didn't prove to any better than the echo line but it is also more expensive ( the husky line that is)