PDA

View Full Version : irrigation connections

theplumber
04-04-2007, 09:22 AM
What is the going rate for a copper connection? With the cost of copper it is hard to keep the cost down, and everyone happy.

Duramaxsle1
04-04-2007, 09:49 AM
We get about 250.00 for a 3/4" hook-up plus BF. That includes upto one length of copper.

gusbuster
04-04-2007, 12:04 PM
What is the going rate for a copper connection? With the cost of copper it is hard to keep the cost down, and everyone happy.

Why are you asking the going rate? It's a matter of your cost for materials your operating cost and desired profit margin.

A fair question would be what we are paying for Type m copper per length plus fittings?

Besides, asking this type of question on this board wouldn't apply because we all live in area's where labor, insurance ect... your operating cost is going to be cheaper or more expensive.

Not trying to knock you, but just because Sam in TX charges 300 and Joe in CT charges 400, does that mean you split the difference between the 2 areas and charge 350 and hope to get the job?

Wet_Boots
04-04-2007, 12:11 PM
250 wouldn't even cover the PVB and labor, let alone any materials indoors. I already began to change designs a year ago, to minimize indoor copper.

Duramaxsle1
04-04-2007, 12:26 PM
A good plumber can do a basic plumb job in less then an hour and parts for this come in well under a $100, The backflow is on top of this figure.
Most plumbers and guys that claim to be plumbers think they are doctors.

There is nothing wrong with asking what other guys are charging out there, only good idea's can come from it.

No question is a stupid one in my opinion!

Wet_Boots
04-04-2007, 01:00 PM
No question is a stupid one in my opinion!"There are no stupid questions. There are any number of questions asked by stupid people." :hammerhead:

Duramaxsle1
04-04-2007, 01:04 PM
And who decides if they are stupid?

Wet_Boots
04-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Whoever has the most Otter Pops? :p

Dirty Water
04-04-2007, 01:51 PM
A good plumber can do a basic plumb job in less then an hour and parts for this come in well under a $100, The backflow is on top of this figure.
Most plumbers and guys that claim to be plumbers think they are doctors.

There is nothing wrong with asking what other guys are charging out there, only good idea's can come from it.

No question is a stupid one in my opinion!

But most people can't get away with using a $25 dual check for their backflow.

Duramaxsle1
04-04-2007, 01:58 PM
It's not getting away with it, it's what is required. Is it the same in all states what you have to supply? Here it changes by town, most require the dual check.
And besides I said that was on top of that price.

Duramaxsle1
04-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Backflow on top of the $250.00

Mike Leary
04-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Any "device" that cannot be tested yearly (at least) should not be installed.
Yes, double-checks can fail as you drive away after testing, but most B.A.T.
certified mechanics will tell you, it's very rare for a quality (Watts, Wilkins,
Febco) assembly fail completely. In our market, if you have a well or what's
considered "high hazzard" a R.P. installed above ground is spec"d Other wise
DCVAs. No exceptions.

PurpHaze
04-04-2007, 02:27 PM
And who decides if they are stupid?

Usually the first long-standing forum member to make a sarcastic response. :)

Wet_Boots
04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Usually the first long-standing forum member to make a sarcastic response. :)That works, too. :p

landscape guy
04-04-2007, 03:02 PM
:canadaflag: Thats in our range , my area is east Toronto and Durham,where do you get your supplies Duramax I'm curious.:canadaflag: :waving:

PurpHaze
04-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Thats in our range , my area is east Toronto and Durham,where do you get your supplies I'm curious.

Hard telling what you're referring to since you didn't use the quote feature but Boots and I usually just make up sarcastic remarks as we go along as there really isn't a good supplier of them in our areas. (See... more sarcastic remarks.) :laugh:

Duramaxsle1
04-04-2007, 04:27 PM
:canadaflag: Thats in our range , my area is east Toronto and Durham,where do you get your supplies Duramax I'm curious.:canadaflag: :waving:

Who are you?;)

Duramaxsle1
04-04-2007, 04:28 PM
How do you guys get that logo beside your names?

Duramaxsle1
04-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Any "device" that cannot be tested yearly (at least) should not be installed.
Yes, double-checks can fail as you drive away after testing, but most B.A.T.
certified mechanics will tell you, it's very rare for a quality (Watts, Wilkins,
Febco) assembly fail completely. In our market, if you have a well or what's
considered "high hazzard" a R.P. installed above ground is spec"d Other wise
DCVAs. No exceptions.

I believe that's only on commerical here.

PurpHaze
04-04-2007, 08:42 PM
How do you guys get that logo beside your names?

At the top of any forum page click "Quick Links", then "User Control Panel", "Edit Avatar" on the left side of the page that pops up and then follow the instructions. :)

Duramaxsle1
04-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Thank you!

PurpHaze
04-04-2007, 08:47 PM
You can also use any picture on your computer as long as you resize it down to the maximum allowed for avatars.