PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Area Trailer

Pristine PM
04-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know anyone that builds custom trailers in the Toronto area? I am looking for an 6x14 single axle. I want someone that can make the trimmer racks and blowers for it as well.

Thanks,

Jon

Lynden-Jeff
04-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Hey,

If your willing to travel to hamilton try MISKA trailers. www.miskatrailers.com. If you call ask for paul. Hes pretty good. Why would you want a 14 foot single axle? I just upgraded to a 16 ft double and the trailer alone weighs 2100 lbs.

Cheers
Jeff

dave k
04-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Dual axles back up much easier as well. FYI

bobw
04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Happiest day in years was the day I got rid of my 6 x 14 single axle.... replaced with 8 x 16 double axle....much better to pull

Lynden-Jeff
04-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Im using a 6.5 X 16. Is the 8 foot wider trailer a deck over? Can't imagin an 8 ft non deck over, im already as wide as the lanes. :hammerhead:

bobw
04-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Im using a 6.5 X 16. Is the 8 foot wider trailer a deck over? Can't imagin an 8 ft non deck over, im already as wide as the lanes. :hammerhead:

In an 8', you have wheel wells inside the trailer , so the trailer itself really axle isn't any wider than it is on a 7'. I originally was looking for a 7' wide, but the sales guy pointed that out to me; my original concern was being too wide for residential streets. So... an 8' trailer doesn't track any wider than a 7'... both widths are wider than a truck though, so you absolutely have to get extension mirrors of some sort on your truck so you can lane change safely.

Lynden-Jeff
04-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Ah I see. Thanks for explaining, we don't have those kind of trailers around here (or atleast they arn't as common as fenders on the outside).

Cheers
Jeff

Lynden-Jeff
04-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Also, as far as trailer racks go I would get the new ones from green touch. They are awesome. www.traileracks.com. Also there is no duty since they use US postal service.

Cheers
Jeff

Pristine PM
04-04-2007, 07:47 PM
I have a 6x16 and I really don't need anything that big or need breaks. All this will be used for is light mowers. I don't really need dual axles and it won't be much weight. I really think that a 6x14 will be perfect for just holding equipment.

Thanks,

Jon

Ray&Christine
04-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Jon

There is a guy on Bathurst just north of King Rd that builds trailers and racks. I think it is called U-pull Trailers, his trailers look well made. You can also they the Kooy Bros, they have excellent prices on trailers. I bought my 6.5X12 JDJ landscape and my 6X10 enclosed trailers from them. You may have to wait a couple of weeks for a JDJ but they are good trailers. Most dealers sell racks or if you don't want anything too fancy you could buy a welder and make them up yourself. They money you save on the racks would almost pay for the welder. If you are not carrying much weight I would stick with a single axle then you don't have to worry about the MTO hassels like annual inspections for the truck and trailer and C.V.O.R etc.

Ray

Grzube
04-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey there Jon, i bought my dump trailer from Miska trailers in Hamiltin, check out www.miskatrailers.com.

Lynden-Jeff
04-06-2007, 05:43 PM
JDJ is in Burlington if you wanted one of those. Id say JDJ trailers are a little, and I mean TINY bit better then miska, however their customer service blows the big one. When I got my miska, the ground on my truck when they wired the plug was weak so by the time I got home all my lights where flashing when I would turn a corner. I called and they said bring it back asap the next morning. I did and they rewired a ground. Also I said it was shaking a little bit and they put 4 brand new tires on no questions asked. Very happy with their service.

Also with a dual axle you do not need a CVOR unless the truck weight + tongue weight of the trailer = more then 4500 KG which is not common since most ball hitches can't take more then 1000 lbs of tongue weight. You do however need safeties, they give me peace of mind anyways.

However beware if you truck and trailer exceed 4500 KG then you will need a safety and with a 14 ft, even single axle you may exceed that.

Cheers
Jeff