PDA

View Full Version : A Lowballers dream phone conversation

WJW Lawn
04-04-2007, 12:49 PM
So I get a call yesterday from a guy wanting me to look at his lawn for an estimate. Its starts like this...and the rest was a blur.

CALLER: " Hi...Im wondering if you can come out and take a look at my yard and give me an estimate"

ME: "Sure I would be happy to"

CALLER: "I need to let you know, that I really overpaid for my house...and can't afford much...and only want bi-weekly service"

The rest is blank after that lol. Kind of like Charlie Browns parents talking type thing. So Im wondering...since when did it become my problem that he overpaid for his house? lol Would he call any other service and make it known that he overpaid for his house? So anyway...I gave him my biweekly rate..which meant---end of conversation!!

But I got to thinking...wouldnt that be a lowballers DREAM conversation?

CALLER: " I overpaid on my house"

LOWBALLER: " No problem sir...I will cut it for next to nothing!! Im in business to go OUT of business to help you!!! How about 10 bucks?"

CALLER: " Hmmm...10 seems high...can we do 7?"

LOWBALLER: "Let me get my mower in my trunk and I'll be there in 15 minutes!!"

:hammerhead:

KrayzKajun
04-04-2007, 01:11 PM
LOL LOL LOL That made my day better!

lawnspecialties
04-04-2007, 02:09 PM
So Im wondering...since when did it become my problem that he overpaid for his house?

Best line I've read here in quite a while.:)

andy'slawncare
04-04-2007, 02:30 PM
now thats funny

RedMax Man
04-04-2007, 03:50 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: nice job
I like the part, "i'm on business to go OUT of business just for you"

LindblomRJ
04-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Great. That is priceless.

bigtex
04-04-2007, 07:04 PM
I Would Have Said (thats To Bad) Now Your Gonna Overpay For Your Lawn Cuttin Too!!!

MarksTLC
04-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I think I got a call from the same guy, :dizzy: only he was selling his house and offered me $10.00 to cut his lawn that hasn't been touched in over a year while the house was on the market. I suggested he ask one of the neighborhood kids to do it... :waving: See ya..

PhillyShells
04-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Pretty funny stuff !
:laugh:

Alpha01
04-08-2007, 06:02 PM
:hammerhead: :nono: i would get lowballed. but would ALWAYS give them what they pay for.

MOW ED
04-08-2007, 07:19 PM
The rest is blank after that lol. Kind of like Charlie Browns parents talking type thing. :hammerhead:

I can tell by this line that you have been in business long enough to get that buzzing in your ears.
The Charlie Brown thing is classic.
There are all kinds out there but the cheepskates always frazzle me.

Raven386
04-09-2007, 12:38 AM
I Would Have Said (thats To Bad) Now Your Gonna Overpay For Your Lawn Cuttin Too!!!

hahahhahahah :laugh: