PDA

View Full Version : Jenite J16 Seal Coat

MWM
04-04-2007, 02:41 PM
I received a flyer from a company that advertises that they use this product. Is this a good product?

MWM
04-06-2007, 08:04 AM
I take the lack of answers as a no to my question. I was curious if this was a common brand of product but I guess it isn't. Is there a certain product a reputable contractor in the midwest would use?

EWS
04-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I think jenite= used motor oil and gas.. Never heard of it, and no one else hear has ever heard of it and I googled it with no results. best bet call the guy up ask him where he buys it and how long has he been using it. ask him for a portfolio. chances are he is just a gypsy. we have quite a few around here. some guys were sealing in December. when all the dist. were out of sealer since september. so its homemade sealer most likley.

toddsasphalt
04-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Jennite sealer is manufactured by a company called NEYRA. They are located in Cinninatti, Ohio. They have a reputation as providing a quality product to contractors. It does not mean that your contractor cannot water down the concentrate but overall Jennite is a quality product.

ssupercoolss
04-17-2007, 08:28 AM
jennite is probably the best coal tar sealer made. (from neyra as stated above) and it is the most expensive. j-16 is made by a company called maintenance inc. (another good product) jennite j-16 does not exist.

onahill
05-30-2007, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=EWS;1782563]I think jenite= used motor oil and gas.. Never heard of it, and no one else hear has ever heard of it QUOTE]

:rolleyes: ROFLMAO:laugh:

EWS
05-30-2007, 01:42 PM
There is no such thing of jenite j16, jenite makes sealer but that is not one of there sealers. just a gypsie trying to make his ad look good,

onahill
05-30-2007, 02:34 PM
There is no such thing of jenite j16, jenite makes sealer but that is not one of there sealers. just a gypsie trying to make his ad look good,

I think jenite= used motor oil and gas.. Never heard of it, and no one else hear has ever heard of it and I googled it with no results. best bet call the guy up ask him where he buys it and how long has he been using it. ask him for a portfolio. chances are he is just a gypsy. we have quite a few around here. some guys were sealing in December. when all the dist. were out of sealer since september. so its homemade sealer most likley.

Pick one. then stick with your story.

You don't even know what gilsonite is you keep calling it oil & gas.

http://zieglerchemical.com/gilsonit.htm

EWS
05-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Gilsonite, or North American Asphaltum is a natural, resinous hydrocarbon found in the Uintah Basin in northeastern Utah. This natural asphalt is similar to a hard petroleum asphalt and is often called a natural asphalt, asphaltite, uintaite, or asphaltum. Gilsonite is soluble in aromatic and aliphatic solvents, as well as petroleum asphalt. Due to its unique compatibility, gilsonite is frequently used to harden softer petroleum products. Gilsonite in mass is a shiny, black substance similar in appearance to the mineral obsidian. It is brittle and can be easily crushed into a dark brown powder.

That is the definition of gilsonite, it is illegal in half the states, most gypsie sealers mix gasoline, used oil and some vanella extract to hide the gas odor and seal.
Dont tell me that I dont know what gilsonite is.

Now get a life, leave me alone and go seal a driveway for 75.00

gypsyraised
06-05-2007, 08:27 PM
did you ever work with or know any gypsies personally?see back early in my life when most sealer was oil base,those retched gypsies use to cut it with gas or kerosene only because it was a petroleum prodoct...and odds are mineral spirits in bulk could not be located..i by know means endorse it but i understand why it was done...i also think you have the wrong idea about gypsies.....we are simply people who go where the work is....would it make sense to you to leave the south and come up north in the summer because they have alot of work and limited time?also i,m fairly certain my experience with sealers might surpass some....i,ve sprayed jennite,though its not a bad sealer i found it to be a skin irratant,like many of the coal tar sealers...however i know that ews likes sealmaster and thinks its the wave of the future...but i disagree....asphalt emulsion is still in its developement and though progress has been made its still not as useful or durable for alot of work....its why the feds wont let you bid if you run ashalt emulsion...same with airports.....so my answer is yes i,ve heard of it,yes it works well,no i dont choose to use it....and also jennite is territorial about thrir sealer...they try to keep a limited distribution...i,m not sure why...

EWS
06-06-2007, 03:01 PM
actually i do know some gypsies, I know a few pavers that go to NC, SC texas, puerto rico and so forth and they do inferior work in those areas because they are out so fast with your money it doesnt matter. as for mixing kero and gas it ruins the asphalt we all know that... and as for sealmaster, I use there coal tar, once in a while I will use AE, but for commericial you have to use coal tar....