PDA

View Full Version : Hard Water Stains

JC Lighting
04-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Yesterday I went to a 1 year old job to do some routine maintenance and found the fixtures (powder coat alloy) and the lenses were significantly stained white with hard water stains. The lenses were so bad they looked like frosted lenses. This is the only job I ever had that is on well water. I have jobs going back 5 years that the fixtures and lens clean up like new with a little water and towel dry.

Does any one have a sure cure cleaner for these hard water stains? There are over 100 fixtures on this job so I need something that is quick and easy and works really well.

Thanks,

Jim C.

Pro-Scapes
04-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Yesterday I went to a 1 year old job to do some routine maintenance and found the fixtures (powder coat alloy) and the lenses were significantly stained white with hard water stains. The lenses were so bad they looked like frosted lenses. This is the only job I ever had that is on well water. I have jobs going back 5 years that the fixtures and lens clean up like new with a little water and towel dry.

Does any one have a sure cure cleaner for these hard water stains? There are over 100 fixtures on this job so I need something that is quick and easy and works really well.

Thanks,

Jim C.

Have you tried a solution of CLR cleaner? Works well for our hard water here. Had some 6 mo old looked like the lights were nearly covered... sprayed it down and rubbed it right off then rinsed in clear water. Now I carry some in a 1 gallon garden sprayer.

NightScenes
04-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Yes Billy, CLR works well and so does Kaboom and some other "bathroom" cleaners.

Ambiance
04-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Someone suggested that if you use CLR, go around all the lights and spray and then by the time you get to the first one it will wipe off easier.

NightScenes
04-04-2007, 08:30 PM
That's what I do. It makes it pretty easy.

JC Lighting
04-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the responses.

Jim C.