PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about the DC Mulch-a-Vac

Lawnshark2
07-28-2001, 12:19 AM
We went to the Expo and were very impressed with all the great equipment. We can't decide on which mower would be our best buy, the DC xw2500 or the grasshopper 928D. We would get a 60in deck on either one. We were leaning toward the grasshopper b/c of all the great attachments, but when we found out that DC has a vac system we started to lean back to DC. We know DC's have great power and can stripe incredible but how well is the vac system? Your thoughts and comments would greatly aid us in our decision.

Lawnshark2

Administrator
07-28-2001, 12:33 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4253&highlight=chopper+vac

Found that using the SEARCH feature. :)

John DiMartino
07-28-2001, 08:41 AM
I looked at the instalation of the mulch-vac on the DCsite.It looks nice,but what troubles me is they change your deck pulley to larger one,which slows down your blade tip speed.When bagging this isnt a big deal,but i discharge 1/2 the season.You have to live with the low tip speed,or change the belt and pulley every time you take off the bagger.I have a stand alone trac-vac,so it dosnt rob my kohler of any power,which it doesnt have a lot of to start with,and i keep my high blade tip speed all the time.High speed cut quality will suffer after you have the mulch-vac installed,and thats the DC's best feature.