PDA

View Full Version : New Style Pg And Hps Rack.

lawn king
04-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Check it out at versahaul.com

Shades of Green LService
04-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Looks like you really need to tie down pretty good. I think this one is a little better made. They had one on display at the last convention i was at.
http://www.b-btech.com/Ride-on_Carrier_2.htm

mnturfmaster
04-04-2007, 07:09 PM
i bought one of those versahaul carriers when i bought my magnum 2 weeks ago. the thing is sweet. 1 small ratchet strap on both front and back. can't hardly tell my pg is back there

Runner
04-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Forget that ratchet strap stuff. that is one of the LAST things I want to be doing or having anyone else do, is handle straps that are covered in chem..

Runner
04-05-2007, 12:28 AM
If you look at the btech carrier, it has the bar that holds the wheel down. That is how we build ours. Once the PG goes up onto the rack, it is held snug by a bar just like that one that goes over the front tire, and when the gate goes up, it holds it snug from forward/backward. Ours has a rail that goes around that is about 10" high, so it is pushed right tight against it though. It also has a solid flat braced floor made out of heavier expando, so it can be used for a slit seeder or anything else, as well. We prefer to put a small gate-lift mechanism on it, also. Our gate ramps are connected by a crossover brace at the end so it stays rigid and lifts as one piece. It doesn't have the bar to hold the ramp up in place,...we use L shaped drop pins. One thing we do also, is that w secure the right end to the bumper to eliminate all teetering. It sts completly straight and solid. Our next one we build, I am going to fabricate a wide u type shaped piece that will hold from the bottom of one end of the carrier to the truck frame - but will be able to quickly unassemble with a simple pin (about a 1/2"). this is just to stop any wobble and teetering. Anyway, If we could make these out of stainless, it would be the ultimate,...but it would be a bit cost prohibitive, I believe. Although, it WOULD be the last one you ever buy.

lawn king
04-05-2007, 08:01 AM
We will be using the rack for aerators for the most part. The ratchet strap on the rear (hps) hooks through the back of the sulky, the front hooks over the axle, chemical will not be any big issue, the PG may be a different story, i dont know, i dont own one. With the versahaul i can adjust the with of the rack for any machine, in my photograph it is set at 23" on center for my 22 YEAR OLD LESCO 30 that is still out there making lots of $. :)

Runner
04-05-2007, 02:25 PM
22 years old, and still under operation...Now, HOW MANY times has thing paid for itself over and over???? That dog gone machine is so cool...they just "walk". Hey, just a little tip...and this REALLY helps for ease of operation. What I did with mine, is take two old barbell weights and tied them together with a piece of rope. I would hang this over the T bar of the front casters. Yours is a bit different than mine, because yours has a plate on the top (mine is just the T where the sq. tubing is welded. I think it would still work for you, though. This countered it, so you didn't have to lift as much on the handles, and you get MUCH better penetration because of the way the machine is rocked (forward). Try it, and I guarantee you will prefer it. I hope this helps!

indyturf
04-05-2007, 02:48 PM
22 years old, and still under operation...Now, HOW MANY times has thing paid for itself over and over???? That dog gone machine is so cool...they just "walk". Hey, just a little tip...and this REALLY helps for ease of operation. What I did with mine, is take two old barbell weights and tied them together with a piece of rope. I would hang this over the T bar of the front casters. Yours is a bit different than mine, because yours has a plate on the top (mine is just the T where the sq. tubing is welded. I think it would still work for you, though. This countered it, so you didn't have to lift as much on the handles, and you get MUCH better penetration because of the way the machine is rocked (forward). Try it, and I guarantee you will prefer it. I hope this helps!

I did something similar to my old lesco 30, I attached a 40lb dumbbell with U-bolts where you bolt on the front caster arm, boy did that make a difference! I could take my hands off and it would still go in a straight line and pull 3 inch plugs.

lawn king
04-06-2007, 06:49 AM
The plate i welded to the t bar does just what you guys are talking about, if you take another look at the photograph, you will see how deep the tines penetrating

Runner
04-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Really? that plate doesn't look like it would be that heavy. I had about 20 lbs on mine, I think.

lawn king
04-06-2007, 08:09 PM
That plate is eighteen pounds, big time workout for the upper arms. Whats the old saying, no pain no gain?

Runner
04-07-2007, 02:45 AM
hey,...that must work out out perfect. I'll say it again...you don't see very many aerators like that anymore, but man,...those things used to get down. Like I say, they would just "walk". The way they were balanced, they really weren't that hard to operate and maneuver. They sure did a nice, efficient job.

lawn king
04-07-2007, 04:16 PM
I have a new lesco 30, it sat in a barn for 2 decades, approximately 10 hours on it. The paint has not burnt off the muffler yet! I found it @ tractorbynet and had it shipped up from ohio. I will try to post a photo next week.