PDA

View Full Version : Masterchute

mickman
04-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Does anyone have these units? I've replaced 2 motors in 1 season, & I'm trying to find out what exact motor is used. It looks like a corvette window motor, but auto parts stores look at you like your on crackle when you ask them to find motor when you don't know what it is. These are nice, when they work!!! Thanks for your help.

MowerMedic77
04-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Does anyone have these units? I've replaced 2 motors in 1 season, & I'm trying to find out what exact motor is used. These are nice, when they work!!! Thanks for your help.

Have you tried contacting Masterchute directly? I would think 2 motors in one season would have me using a manual chute.
http://www.masterchute.com/
info@masterchute.com

mickman
04-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Have you tried contacting Masterchute directly? I would think 2 motors in one season would have me using a manual chute.
http://www.masterchute.com/
info@masterchute.com

Been there, done that. I just have to pay for a overpriced window motor again.
I did reinstall my york sheet metal "director" after the stress of the Masterchute {which are very nice, if they stay working}.

I did find a thread about "powerchute". They give a lifetime warranty
for their motors. & they're cheaper. OCDC's are the best invention, since the mower itself.

MowerMedic77
04-04-2007, 10:19 PM
I was just looking @ the Powerchute site, Maybe I'm looking @ this wrong but why if something has a lifetime warranty(motor) then have the option to by it in the accessories listing. They even state they will replace no ?'s asked.

mickman
04-05-2007, 08:50 AM
He said they bought Masterchute's inventory out. I ordered a new motor for my Masterchute. I thought the accessories's kit looked familiar. I also seen a snowblower mounted on Exmark lazer, & it had same motor to turn the snow chute. But he will stand behind lifetime warranty on all motors...we'll see.

gps_jetskier
07-05-2007, 04:34 PM
So what's the motor type? S-10? Corvette?

sjessen
07-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Try NAPA part number 49-27. I believe it used on a 1992 Corsica.

gps_jetskier
07-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Yeah I found it somewhere. Thanks.
No if I could only get some plans for one to weld up....