PDA

View Full Version : National contract????

Columbia Turf
07-28-2001, 02:33 AM
I was checking phone messages today and came across one that really made me start thinking. The message was from a represetative from U.S. LAWNS. They said they were bidding on a national account that had a few branches in my area, and wondered if I would be interested in sub-contracting them.

The part that makes me wonder is our company has mowed these locations for 6-7 years. doesnt that just really get ya!

When we started mowing them, it was all local, through several by outs it is now a "national" account. I suppose this is what it is all comming to,,,,,I dont like it. What do you think, anybody have same experiance?:alien:

HOMER
07-28-2001, 02:39 AM
Follow up with them and don't let em know your doing it. Bid higher than you are right now and who knows................might get more than you are now!

1stclasslawns
07-28-2001, 07:06 AM
Thats bad, But what I would do is tell them how long you have done them and what your price is or needs to be.

A question or two. Have you had any complaints?

Are these good accounts for you?

Do you want to keep them?

If you want to keep them have the local people get in touch with US Lawns and let their feelings known.
If you arnt completely happy with the price right now, adjust it and go on.

Jim

Loosestrife
07-28-2001, 07:36 AM
It happened to me, not with US Lawns, but a management Co. I didn't tell them that I was currently maintaining the place, they only asked for my bid.

I submitted my bid, 25% higher than what I was currently charging. Guess what? I ended up working for them.

As the story goes, this chain did not want to have to have local management worring about maintenance, and wanted 1 company to manage all their properties. Cost was not the driving issue.

So, I got to keep the account, and get a nice raise as well.

John Allin
07-28-2001, 11:13 AM
It's happening in all parts of the service industries.

AVRECON
07-28-2001, 03:17 PM
What national chains are US Lawns servicing?