PDA

View Full Version : Stihl edger attachment

goodgreen
04-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Has anyone used the edger attachment that goes on a Stihl trimmer? I've got an FS-55 and want to purchase one but I'd like to know what users have experienced before spending the money. Sound like a good idea but you guys (and gals) always help with the final decisions.

mulchmaster
04-04-2007, 08:48 PM
I have one, and I don't like it! I bought the edger and the hedge trimmer. I like the hedge trimmer and the edger is ok. I bought it at the end of 05 and used it mostly to trim hedges last year. It is a pita to change atachments on, it doesent run right all the time, it's hard to start, and now there is somthing wrong inside the shaft! So in the end I think I got the shaft. :dizzy:

MANOFSTIHL
04-04-2007, 10:17 PM
The FS 55 does not accept attachments. I believe it uses a flexshaft cable drive similiar to the ones found in curve shaft units. The kombi unit "KM 55" will accept attachments and the larger commercial trimmers FS 85, FS 90, FS110, FS 130, KM 90, KM 110, KM 130 will also accept attachments such as the edger.

BTW, the edger will work (I think) on the FS 55 but I don't think the driveshaft would last too long b/c it is not a one piece steel shaft.