PDA

View Full Version : tiger cub

lynn
04-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I have a cub that is about 2 years old. Last year I lost the hydro belt that is cogded and replaced it with the same belt fr5om nape. About 2 weeks later this belt took a dump. I then toke the mower to my xmark dealer and they placed it with a v belt. The mower ran fine for about 9 says months, then today it shreaded the belt. Now dealer says I need the oem belt. Any thoughts

MowerMedic77
04-04-2007, 10:05 PM
WOW after reading this I do have some thoughts but I am not sure I should openly post them:nono:

While you have the unit at the dealer and they are installing the OEM belt tell them the same things you posted and they can check the unit out for you.

ed2hess
04-04-2007, 10:39 PM
I run the Tiger and I have replaced the belt once. The hydro pulley dropped down a little resulted in the belts/pulleys not being aligned. Scag had a problem with the hydro pulleys not staying in place. It is hell trying to get those aligned but I put my pulley back in and aligned it and put on a Scag cog belt. I got the spare ready but so far so good. This doesn't seem like a good place to use a non Scag belt.

DJL50
04-05-2007, 12:24 AM
If I remember right the 2004 or 2005 TC had a single belt set-up that gave them problems. They issued a recall to replace the one belt set-up to a two belt system. Is it possible this may be your problem? Ask your dealer to be sure.