PDA

View Full Version : Are scag owners short?

linky
07-28-2001, 09:41 AM
I've been working with some friends that use scag wb's. Yesterday i wanted to try the scag so we switched-he on my toro and me on his scag. Within ten minutes my back hurt from bending over the low controls. I am 6ft tall and man those bars are low when using a sulky. If i'm gonna be cutting all day i need to be comfortable. Maybe i'm a whimp but i'm a comfortable one on my toro.

kutnkru
07-28-2001, 07:30 PM
The comfort factor you have mentioned or lack thereof, is one of the main reasoins why so many have switched from the Scag to the eXmjark in our area.

I too am over 6' tall and have found those units to be incredibly uncomfortable.

Kris

JJOHN22042
07-28-2001, 08:44 PM
Tried a Demo Scag the other day the Bars can be Adjusted for a tall person like me 6'-2''

TLS
07-28-2001, 08:53 PM
Yes the handle bars are adjustable on the SCAG's. They pivot at the bottom of the handles . Mine came from the factory set real low. The low setting also makes the machines overall length greater. I adjusted mine higher and gained about 4" less in overall length. It raises them probably 2". I'm only 5'6" and even in the high position, they are comfortable for me, so maybe SCAG builds them short? Except for a ProSlide, all stand on sulkeys will raise you about 2" or more. When you guys were given those tall bodies, didn't they give you the tall arms too? :rolleyes:

Craig Turf Management
07-28-2001, 10:35 PM
Can you tell me how to adjust the handlebars on the SCAG? I'm 6' 3", and my back hurts when I mow all day. My wife even commented on how funny I look all hunched over my WB.
Thanks, Bill Craig

TLS
07-29-2001, 06:54 PM
See Pic below. Pretty much sums it all up.

Craig Turf Management
07-29-2001, 07:45 PM
Thanks dixie1, I see it now. My handlebars are set low. I'm going out to change it now. I really appreciate you showing me light.

Take care, Bill Craig:D

Schlepie
07-30-2001, 12:16 AM
Exmark has same kind of adjustments. I'm 6'4 and it is definately better. Tall guys, forget the sulkey.