PDA

View Full Version : How far do you think this guy will get?

desii
04-04-2007, 11:33 PM
I had to pull over an take a pic of this truck and trailer sitting in a parking lot. Not sure how he got this far, but the trailer is sitting on the jack stand. To be honest, I'm really not sure how he is going anywhere. As much as I don't like them, this is why there are weigh stations:nono:

Enjoy...:)

Rizzo
04-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Those don't even looked chained down to the trailer! I'd love to see that guy on the road when I was on duty... lol...

Gravel Rat
04-05-2007, 12:31 AM
Sure makes you wonder where people's common sense or brains are ?

Things like that you report to the police or DOT because that is a bad accident just waiting to happen. If those concrete pipes roll it will take the back of the box off.

desii
04-05-2007, 12:38 AM
He was actually sitting in the concrete company's parking lot. I didn't notice that they weren't strapped down until Rizzo pointed it out. But I still can't figure out how he got this far or if he was going somewhere else (which I seriously doubt).

Raven386
04-05-2007, 12:40 AM
thats an anti-theft device. no one will be able to steal that trailer now!

motoguy
04-05-2007, 11:28 AM
I wonder if he had them further back, and his chain popped, sending them rolling forward. That might explain how he made it that far.

stumpslawncare
04-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Ouch, bad for the shocks and trailer jack...

J&R Landscaping
04-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Why are the gates up on the trailer, he can still fit a couple more peices on the trailer!!! LOL

LindblomRJ
04-05-2007, 12:36 PM
He would get all the way to the scene of the crash.

instyle
04-05-2007, 06:48 PM
c'mon guys, if he put a 2 more on the back and one on top of those 2, it would be well balanced. Then he would have no problem. ;)

RedMax Man
04-05-2007, 07:14 PM
A pair of Timbrens should fix that. lol:hammerhead: :dizzy: :laugh:

Lawn Enforcer
04-05-2007, 07:22 PM
It's reassuring to know their are so many wise people in this world!

desii
04-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Here's another one. I saw this guy last year and couldn't believe he was actually driving this thing on the road, so, once again, I had to take a picture. The scales were about 5 miles further down the road and I seriously don't think he got anywhere close to them.

RedWingsDet
04-06-2007, 02:48 AM
I cant tell what it is. Looks like its 5 yards of untarrped mulch?

desii
04-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah, sorry for the picture phone quality. This was taken before I set my phone up for better quality pics. If memory serves me, you are correct. It was a truck load of mulch. Not tarped and nothing to keep it from falling out of the back. Not to mention that the sides were about to fall off...:hammerhead: Also, it was a 1978 or so Ford that was in overall very bad shape. Funny thing is, I've seen this truck around town several time since. I guess he has Antique tags and is able to get away with it...but I'm not sure.

Gravel Rat
04-06-2007, 01:13 PM
That old Ford looks a little overloaded :laugh:

It looks older than a 78 it is hard to tell but I say the truck is a 70-73. Those old trucks didn't stop worth a damn even the trucks with front disk brakes.

For myself I have to be carefull on what I do because I could loose my NSC number (motorcarrier) if that happens no more trucking company.

POPO4995
04-06-2007, 03:03 PM
One word: PINHEAD

PhillyShells
04-07-2007, 10:56 PM
It's amazing that morons like these are allowed to roam free.
:dizzy:

FearThisDeere
04-08-2007, 11:57 AM
A pair of Timbrens should fix that. lol:hammerhead: :dizzy: :laugh:

That's what I was thinking. That guy is an idiot. Nobody in their right mind would ever think of moving that load.

tthomass
04-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd like to have the trailer.

terrapro
04-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Here's another one. I saw this guy last year and couldn't believe he was actually driving this thing on the road, so, once again, I had to take a picture. The scales were about 5 miles further down the road and I seriously don't think he got anywhere close to them.

holy spit:eek:

i wouldnt of even been behind him to take that pic. it looks as if the rear wheels are negatively cambered, from the load maybe?!....and its a dually;)

thebobcatkid86
04-08-2007, 08:13 PM
I must agree that there are some people that do some stupid $hit. However my comments to the original photo: If enough of the weight of the pipes were further back (over the axles) so as to have a proper tounge weight he probably would've been just fine. I have to agree that it would seem that whatever was holding the pipes (if anything) must've broke and allowed the load to shift. As far as the dump truck goes Ive seen people like that before. It might be stupid but maybe its just a guy trying to make a buck.

TGM
04-09-2007, 10:53 AM
I cant tell what it is. Looks like its 5 yards of untarrped mulch?

yes, 5 yards in a 4 yard dump body:laugh:

"It wont fit sir."
"Well, Make it fit!"

I've seen hot shotters running heavy loads such as the concrete pipes with 1 tons, 450s, etc., but most (not all:rolleyes: ) know what they're doing and know their axle weights, tire ratings, etc. that's just stupid.

SpruceLandscape
04-12-2007, 03:13 PM
It wouldn't have mattered how the load in the original photo would have been loaded... Look at how much sag is in the tires on both axles of the trailer, and thats with a large part of the load sitting on the jack stand now. Its way overloaded period! If the load shifted and thats what happened, then this guy is lucky because chances are with that much weight on a trailer like that he would have had something else break later on down the road! To move something like those pipes, he should have had a trailer with tandem duals, not singles and at least a 4500, probably 5500 series truck. I would guess that those pipes have to weigh 3000+ lbs. a piece. That would mean he has 15000 on that trailer plus the weight of that trailer on what looks like a pair of 7500 lb. axles.

casco73
04-21-2007, 10:03 PM
c'mon guys, if he put a 2 more on the back and one on top of those 2, it would be well balanced. Then he would have no problem. ;)

yeah good point then put a tri-axle in front to help pull it so you don't blow the engine then your good to go. git-r-dumb. oops i mean git-r-done. lol !!!
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

d&rlawncare
04-21-2007, 10:11 PM

The sad thing is that the guys with these types of setups are a dime a dozen. I park across the street from various companies that sell mulch etc. As soon as they pull out they get stopped. The saddest part of it all is that they think there is NOTHING wrong with what they are doing. Some LCO's around here use there 14-18 ft open trailers to go pickup 3-7 yards of mulch.

d&rlawncare
04-21-2007, 10:12 PM
It wouldn't have mattered how the load in the original photo would have been loaded... Look at how much sag is in the tires on both axles of the trailer, and thats with a large part of the load sitting on the jack stand now. Its way overloaded period! If the load shifted and thats what happened, then this guy is lucky because chances are with that much weight on a trailer like that he would have had something else break later on down the road! To move something like those pipes, he should have had a trailer with tandem duals, not singles and at least a 4500, probably 5500 series truck. I would guess that those pipes have to weigh 3000+ lbs. a piece. That would mean he has 15000 on that trailer plus the weight of that trailer on what looks like a pair of 7500 lb. axles.

I bet the trailer does not have electric brakes either.

New Heights
04-22-2007, 09:28 AM
This is what gives us all a bad name! Those guys should be shot.

Ramairfreak98ss
04-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Those don't even looked chained down to the trailer! I'd love to see that guy on the road when I was on duty... lol...

i know, why didnt he roll them at least one back from where they are? put some more of the weight on the trailer, what do those weigh 2k each?

TGM
04-23-2007, 09:18 PM
This is what gives us all a bad name! Those guys should be shot.

lol, right to the point.

you guys/gals ever heard of "hotshot trucking"? most stay within their axle/tire/weight limits, but they do haul heavy loads with one tons, 450s, etc.

Mike33
04-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Here's another one. I saw this guy last year and couldn't believe he was actually driving this thing on the road, so, once again, I had to take a picture. The scales were about 5 miles further down the road and I seriously don't he got anywhere close to them.

Is that on 70 E in Frederick? If so that means he came down Braddock Mt. The truck is from years 67-72. i used to do auto-body work and the side moulding and door shape is from that series. Maybe he came out of W.Va.
Mike

desii
06-28-2007, 12:38 AM
I found this on eBay and thought I'd show it to you guys.

Do you think this bed is long enough? It's so long that the pivot point is about dead center and I doubt you would be able to completely empty the bed!

Plus, I don't think there is much support if you were to load anything behind the "bumper".

Nothing like a 14' or 16' bed on a 10' platform:hammerhead: :dizzy:

FearThisDeere
06-28-2007, 05:33 PM
I'd like to see that dumping a full load. The tail end of it would be on the ground and the front wheels would be up in the air. Nice looking cab and chassis otherwise. Looks really clean for the year.

casco73
06-28-2007, 08:41 PM
so how much is the truck going for or did it sell I,d like to know if there,s a nut out there that would buy it:dizzy: :dizzy:

LindblomRJ
06-28-2007, 09:19 PM
That goofy long bed with hoist would make a good equipment moving machine. Wouldn't need to mess with ramps or lifts or anything. For dumping a load of whatever it might not be the best. It would be difficult to pile the materials. Take the about 3 or 4 feet off the back and it would be a decent truck.

cantoo
06-28-2007, 10:01 PM
We have some house insulation guys around here that have beds like that. They are hauling 4x8 sheets of styrofoam and bags of fiberglas insulation that weigh next to nothing.

Midwest Lawn Services
06-28-2007, 10:24 PM
thats an anti-theft device. no one will be able to steal that trailer now!

Yes, my good man I beleive your right!!!:laugh:

desii
06-28-2007, 10:54 PM
It currently has 8 bidders and the price is at $1577 with 4+ days to go. A closer look at pic #6 (on eBay) shows that there are no rails for the bed to "sit" in when it's lowered like I've seen on practically every other dump bed. This would definitely make it a lighter duty bed.

Here's a link if you'd like to take a look at some of the other pics: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-F-350-2WD-DIESEL-1995-Ford-F350-XLT-Diesel-Flat-bed-Dump-Truck-TX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ39416QQihZ011QQitemZ320131759988QQrdZ1

RockSet N' Grade
06-28-2007, 11:57 PM
For 1500 bucks that truck is well worth it........buy it to get it off the road, dismantle it and part it out........

As for the Amcor concrete pipe on the trailer, I hope that guy wrecked his truck and trailer beyond repair to keep him off the road too. It's crap like that which causes my insurance on one of my rig's to be over 2 grand a year. It's crap like that which lowers the bar/standards of the industry. That is beyond poor judgment........it puts everyone in harms way.