PDA

View Full Version : What weed spray before mulch?

AFM Contracting
04-05-2007, 12:41 AM
I dont do many mulch jobs, but I have a customer who wants mulch installed and does not want weeds coming through. There are a couple shrubs and trees but no flowers in the garden. what is the best chemical to spray to ensure this.

integrityman
04-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Use PREEN- sold at all major retail stores...Follow directions......simple and effective.

indyturf
04-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Snapshot works very good.

AFM Contracting
04-05-2007, 01:06 AM
these products wont harm the existing vegitation though will they

Ford Guy
04-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Do you have a pesticide license to be applying it?

unit28
04-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Do you have a pesticide license to be applying it?

Is it necessary to have one, if you buy the chemicals from Home Depot?

donniegbme
04-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Preen is the best product that I have found. You can use this anywhere you are not planting seeds. What preen does is keeps seeds from germinating. You have to pull all existing grass and weeds out and then apply the preen. It will not affect plants just seeds. You can get this at Lowes or Home Depot and it is not expensive.

Crewcutlawncare
04-05-2007, 11:58 PM
afm contracting - As long as you are licensed, I would go with the Snapshot material from Lesco. A 50 lb. bag of it will run you about 130.00 but it is well worth it considering you won't have to worry about any weeds popping up till fall time. Unit28 - Yes. Anytime you are applying any type of pesticide, herbicide, fungicide, rodenticide, etc. on any place other than your own house, and/or you are doing it for monetary money, you must be licensed by the department of agriculture. Please do yourself a favor, and go get licensed. Trust me, you won't regret it! :weightlifter: Having the license opens up a whole new world in the lawn care industry. :dancing:

Bigred350
04-06-2007, 06:35 PM
It does not matter where you get your chemicals home depot or not. If you spray anything and get paid for it you muct have a license. Check your local laws.

fishman644
04-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I always put at least 3-4 inches of mulch down. That will help to keep the weeds down that you might have missed by the weed preventer and make it easier to pull out the ones that grow from blowing in by the wind, birds etc.

dallas05
04-08-2007, 09:53 AM
snapshot!!!!

AFM Contracting
04-08-2007, 10:05 AM
i have gone to both tsc and home depot and i cannot find preen or snapshot. I have a feeling products like this are not available in canada. anywhere else i can try?

gqnine44
04-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Preen is the best product that I have found. You can use this anywhere you are not planting seeds. What preen does is keeps seeds from germinating. You have to pull all existing grass and weeds out and then apply the preen. It will not affect plants just seeds. You can get this at Lowes or Home Depot and it is not expensive.

preen is not really a pro product. pros dont shop at home depot. try snapshot or pre-m. preen isnt even the same leaugue. use roundup first. you need licensed technically.