PDA

View Full Version : what are u guys paying in new england

irrigation man
04-05-2007, 10:40 AM
i was curious to what you guys see for prices on pro c and hunter wireless rain cliks and valves in the area.i think im paying to much

jerryrwm
04-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Use a .50 multiplier and 2% 10th terms. Works out to .49 multiplier off of list.

bicmudpuppy
04-05-2007, 05:08 PM
i was curious to what you guys see for prices on pro c and hunter wireless rain cliks and valves in the area.i think im paying to much

If you think your paying to much, take your buisness and money somewhere else. I know that I don't get the same discount buying 2K/year in parts that a guy does buying 300k/year. I shop where I get the best price. Not where Joe gets the best price and a trip to an island. They aren't going to give me a trip, so my motivations are toward service. If your spending a quarter of a million or more a year, then your motivation is price and box or pallet quantity discounts. The two aren't the same. Most suppliers tell me they would rather have 10 customers at 25k/year than one customer at 250k/year. But they all still want to sell the most product they can!

bicmudpuppy
04-05-2007, 05:12 PM
One other thought. It really, really, really, sucks to be the repair guys at that 250+K/year outfit and need something special. Your price matrix has the profit margin down near zero, and that sales guy could care less in a lot of cases. If your a small to medium size outfit, your paying an average profit margin for the sales team and they NEED your buisness and jump through hoops for you when you need someone to go the extra mile. I used to avoid this by getting the hard to get stuff from a suplier we did less buisness with. They really bust a gut for you if they think they might get a bigger piece of those dollars if they do a great job.

londonrain
04-05-2007, 06:29 PM
In SC I pay $68 for a Pro-C indoor...

Hank Reardon
04-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Not where Joe gets the best price and a trip to an island.

What's wrong with islands? :rolleyes:

PurpHaze
04-06-2007, 12:14 AM
What's wrong with islands? :rolleyes:

I think he was referring to ones with palm trees, warm tropical breezes and cold Corona's with a slice of lime... NOT your Pungent Sound variety. :laugh:

Dirty Water
04-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Us Puget Sounders still drink cold Corona's with lime under an umbrella, its just that the umbrella is not used to shade us from the sun :)

PurpHaze
04-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Us Puget Sounders still drink cold Corona's with lime under an umbrella, its just that the umbrella is not used to shade us from the sun :)

Been there, done that. The Corona's do help you forget about the "liquid sunshine" for the area. :laugh:

Hank Reardon
04-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Hey, we had sun today we are supposed to see it tomorrow too! I think we've hijacked another thread!

PurpHaze
04-06-2007, 12:39 AM
ALL threads get hijacked on this forum... many more than once, some more than twice. Guess if someone really wants to talk business after a thread has morphed they can start a new thread. The forum vets know this is the way to go. :)