PDA

View Full Version : 2 bid 2 quick

bohiaa
04-05-2007, 03:13 PM
hello all:

I suck at bidding, " been eating crow a few times" but anyway there's a large appartment complex in my town that is mostly for retired people. very nice place but the lawn looks like crap... So I went in and told the lady behind the deak that... she agreed,,,

So now I'm suppose to type up a bid propasle and persent it at dinner Saturday night with the owner.... "were a small town 3700 "

I dont have a clew how to bit this... there is not many trees just a few in a little sitting area, but there are 9 buldings and a lot of land....

PLS help how do I go about it?

PerfectEarth
04-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey- no offense, seriously, but you might want to get someone to proof-read your proposal before you send anything in.

topsites
04-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Anytime I make a mistake on a site I simply don't follow up because I'm not losing my shirt, the very minute I feel like I'm about to get humped I am gone, and they have to accept that. Now you can either do that, or start reading through the 250,000+ posts around here and see what you can gain, knowing this will be a learning experience the information has been discussed many times over and you'll spend time preparing that you won't get paid for, so hopefully the curve is a one-timer :)

PatriotLandscape
04-06-2007, 06:28 PM
it took me a minute just to figure out where you found an old lady behind a deak.

What is the lawn sq ft.?

Cracker Station
04-06-2007, 10:36 PM
I am sorry to be so dumb. I only have a 12th grade education. Took me 13 years to get it. What is a CLEW? Very reason why I am not afraid of competition. Later. Cracker

ooo
04-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Walk through it, estimate how many hours it would take you to do it. If that don't work, divide into sections and estimate the time for each section. Add them up and add 10%.

Mike33
04-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Why dont you give us some detail of what you had in mind such as: over seeding fertlizer root, or ripping it all out and re top soiling, etc. Give us something in detail you are planning and size we will help you. a dig. pic would help.
Mike