PDA

View Full Version : New Toro, Bad Cut

GSPHUNTER
04-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Anybody have any ideas on what could be causing a 15 hour old Toro w/b to be leaving about a one inch strip of grass between the blades. The unit is a 36inch with the new Turbo Force deck.

The grass I was mowing was damp, but by no means wet. I was cutting in
3rd gear, and backed down to 2nd. This helped to a certain extent, but not totally.

Thanks for any help.

lawnpro724
04-05-2007, 05:46 PM
The 36" has two blades that are supposed to overlap each other. Take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. I have a new 48" 15hp kaw T-bar and it cuts great whether its wet,dry or long although I haven't mowed any dry grass this season since it rains all the time around here. I would look under the mower and make sure the correct blades are on you mower since the dealers do the final assembly on the mower they get in. It sounds like the wrong blades since the Turbo Force deck has the best cut out there and I haven't run accross a lawn yet it won't cut and leave looking great and I've cut some pretty long lawns this season already.

troblandscape
04-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Lets see,....... Dealers Phone number is...ok...here we go.

jeffex
04-05-2007, 07:17 PM
check to see if one of the blades is installed upside down. did it myself in a hury one time caused the same thing to happen

bart may
04-05-2007, 10:31 PM
you're getting a little bit of grass build up between the two blades. Look under the deck and check and see if you have a little triangle shape build up of grass on the deck. Some of my decks only can have a little build up and then it begins to leave the little stringer of grass uncut. It's usually worse when turning. Solution is to keep it clean.

GSPHUNTER
04-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Any solutions on how to keep it clean aside from stopping every 5 minutes, shutting down and digging grass clumps out of my deck. I've heard of putting Fluid Film on the inside of the deck. Does this work?

I checked the blades, and they are fine, so I'm assuming it was due to build up.

tallimeca
04-06-2007, 10:44 AM
The 36" has two blades that are supposed to overlap each other.

No they don't overlap each other. The pulleys and belts would have to be cogged and timmed like on a bunton or bobcat bzt.

Runner
04-06-2007, 12:54 PM
No, they just are staggered. One is forward enough so the overlap works width-wise, but don't hit.