PDA

View Full Version : Tine Rake de-thatcher: JRCO not the only one

haybaler
04-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm kinda ticked off. I wanted to put a de-thatcher on my new kubota zg23, but JRCO said that u would have to modify the mount bar for it to fit and they don't recomend it. Protera makes one but my dealer said it was $1300 bucks!! so I ended up with a 46" JRCO on my zth5223. Now I shouldn't really complain it's a nice setup, but I emailed Protera and found out there 48" rake for the zg23 is only $419. I guess I should have double checked in the first place, but I thought my dealer new what he was talking about. anyway anyone have one of these Protera rakes? they look just like the JRCO. I'll most likely end up with one next year for the kubota.

edward hedrick
04-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Try your local sears. I use the 40" rake for the front of a garden tractor. I made a mounting bar which is held on with 2 U bolts. cost $ 110. Currently
using it on my Walker. Ed

wahlturfcare
04-06-2007, 12:07 PM
i made made own dethatcher(60'') for about $100 in all the parts. I can post a pics if your interested in doing one yourself.

HenryB
04-06-2007, 12:46 PM
i made made own dethatcher(60'') for about $100 in all the parts. I can post a pics if your interested in doing one yourself.

I'd love to see the pictures. I want to make one myself and could use ideas. Thanks in advance.

gmcplowtruck
04-06-2007, 01:55 PM
how did you mount it to walker i m interested

edward hedrick
04-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I use a piece of Uni-strut. A few inches wider than the caster arms are wide.

the rake comes with a mounting bracket. I fastened it to the uni-strut.

I use 2 1/2 or 3" U bolts to fasten Uni-strut to frame. the rake has 2 hair pins

that fasten it to the mounting brachet. I use a cam-lock strap to raise and lower rake. one end on the rake, the other to the deck holder between the levers. When I turn I grab the strap pull up the rake. My rake floats, the walker does not. The rake head is similiar. I used this on my 52 Lesco before the walker. Ed

jbell113
04-06-2007, 10:43 PM

Yea I would like some pics. Want to put one on my exmark Laser

Grits
04-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Pics PLEASE

downtown
04-13-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm kinda ticked off. I wanted to put a de-thatcher on my new kubota zg23, but JRCO said that u would have to modify the mount bar for it to fit and they don't recomend it. Protera makes one but my dealer said it was $1300 bucks!! so I ended up with a 46" JRCO on my zth5223. Now I shouldn't really complain it's a nice setup, but I emailed Protera and found out there 48" rake for the zg23 is only $419. I guess I should have double checked in the first place, but I thought my dealer new what he was talking about. anyway anyone have one of these Protera rakes? they look just like the JRCO. I'll most likely end up with one next year for the kubota.

Are you sure you're spelling the name of the company correctly. I googled "protera" and came up with nothing other than this thread??? I'd be interested in knowing IF there is an alternative to JRCO.

Thanks

F Y P M
04-13-2008, 12:29 AM
It's actually Protero they have a web sight Proteroinc.com