PDA

View Full Version : Anybody try the meg-mow blade system??

Tim Wright
04-05-2007, 10:50 PM
I am wondering if any of you have tried this?

http://www.meg-mo.com/

Tim

ChadsLawn
04-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Use the search function.. Theres probably 100's of pages about these blades.

Tim Wright
04-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Wow - ok - I just picked up (today) on the fact that they even exist.

I certainly will do a search.

Thanks,

Tim

mole
04-06-2007, 09:37 AM
you will find many people like them many do not. You have to try them I have them and love them. easy to sharpen cut through anything. Great in the fall turns leaves in to dust. getting second set for my ztr with the peco bag system and these blades should make spring any easy time for once. But Im sure after this post this topic will get pounded. all I can say is talk to the meg mo people there great to work with. saw him at the louisville show a couple of years ago, good guy.

naturescape
04-06-2007, 12:16 PM
They suck!!!!!!!!!!

MikeLT1Z28
04-06-2007, 12:16 PM
what type of mower are you planning on putting them on?

Tim Wright
04-06-2007, 12:21 PM
I have a Ferris 1500.

After reading a bit I think I am going to pass.

Tim

MikeLT1Z28
04-06-2007, 12:28 PM
some people love them, some people hate them. they are kind of like gators, walkers and everything else. it either serves it's purpose for you, or you hate them.

cks dad
04-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I use gator blades work great in tall wet grass

LawnMower
04-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Just use double blades. I saw a thread on here ones and some guy did a comparison. I think he found that double blades do the same job as Meg Mos if not better.

ProStreetCamaro
04-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Just use double blades. I saw a thread on here ones and some guy did a comparison. I think he found that double blades do the same job as Meg Mos if not better.

Double blades wear parts out quicker. It puts alot more stress on

1. Engine
2. Belts
3. Spindles
4. Blade clutch which is not designed to spin that kind of load

It works ok but no way would I ever do it.

naturescape
04-06-2007, 04:40 PM

1. Engine
2. Belts
3. Spindles

If you would never do it, what makes you an authority on it?

I have tried megmos, and have run doubles a LOT. Doubles have not created ONE problem on the 4 mowers I've run them on. And they work WAAAAY better than megmos.

ProStreetCamaro
04-06-2007, 04:44 PM
If you would never do it, what makes you an authority on it?

I have tried megmos, and have run doubles a LOT. Doubles have not created ONE problem on the 4 mowers I've run them on. And they work WAAAAY better than megmos.

I know at least 10 other companies in this area and a few of them have tried it and they all said it caused more trouble than it was worth. Everything from bogging engines down to blowing blade belts but mostly burning up blade clutches. I dont have any issues with single blades in all conditions so there is no need for me to try doubles. My machines cut great as they are.

naturescape
04-06-2007, 04:51 PM
I know at least 10 other companies in this area and a few of them have tried it and they all said it caused more trouble than it was worth. Everything from bogging engines down to blowing blade belts but mostly burning up blade clutches. I dont have any issues with single blades in all conditions so there is no need for me to try doubles. My machines cut great as they are.

I have run doubles about a third or half the time, I've used them on 4 machines since 2001. I've never had ANY problem. Yeah, singles often work fine for me too.

Eric ELM and doubles, however, are the reason Lawnsite got popular. And they DO work sooooo much better than megmos.

ProStreetCamaro
04-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I have run doubles about a third or half the time, I've used them on 4 machines since 2001. I've never had ANY problem. Yeah, singles often work fine for me too.

Eric ELM and doubles, however, are the reason Lawnsite got popular. And they DO work sooooo much better than megmos.

Well maybe I will give them a shot for a couple days this year. I can see where they may work good under certain conditions.

LawnMower
04-06-2007, 06:52 PM

1. Engine
2. Belts
3. Spindles

Your right it does put a lot of strain on parts. I'm lucky, because my mower has 2000 hours on it and the spindles are fine still. As far as the clutch, I engage it at a low RPM, then rev the engine up.

I would think the Meg Mos put the same strain on the mower.

naturescape
04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Well maybe I will give them a shot for a couple days this year. I can see where they may work good under certain conditions.

Just don't engage the blades at full rpms, you shouldn't do that anyway. You'll see striping will improve, among other things. But I don't use em that often.

Meg-Mo
04-07-2007, 11:13 AM
On the 17 th we are going to be in Lake Forest Illinois to show the MEG MO blades and the flex deck to some cemeteries. If any one wants to come and take a look call or E mail and we will try to set something up.