PDA

View Full Version : Post Count Booster

bicmudpuppy
04-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Ok, here's a great topic to help vent those spring frustrations..........
What part of any thread that starts or contains.........."I was thinking about starting/adding irrigation..........." riles you the most? And for fun, I'm not going first!!:clapping:

Dirty Water
04-05-2007, 10:59 PM
How about all of it?

Holy cripes, do I already have almost 4,500 posts?

I don't even glue pipe anymore.

PurpHaze
04-05-2007, 11:03 PM
How about all of it?

BUT... You sit at a computer all day. :)

PurpHaze
04-05-2007, 11:04 PM
My answer to the question: "stagnant pressure" (sure wish Georgie would come back some day). :laugh:

bicmudpuppy
04-05-2007, 11:06 PM
How about all of it?

I think the replies some of these posts get torque me off more than the actual initial post does.

And I think Jon has over half of his posts programed into an AI for auto posting. He's a bot, and his posts should no longer count:nono:

Dirty Water
04-05-2007, 11:25 PM
And I think Jon has over half of his posts programed into an AI for auto posting. He's a bot, and his posts should no longer count:nono:

Error! Does not Compute!

Actually, two weeks ago I got promoted to development lead in a new department, so I've found my posting time during the day greatly diminished.

I now spend my mornings in meetings, and my afternoons doing damage control. Who ever told me working for the 3rd largest cell phone company in the states was a good idea was on crack.

gusbuster
04-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Ok, here's a great topic to help vent those spring frustrations..........
What part of any thread that starts or contains.........."I was thinking about starting/adding irrigation..........." riles you the most? And for fun, I'm not going first!!:clapping:
The fact that they even get to ask\say that statement. I'm sure I'm not the only one that learned how to do irrigation before there even was a public forums.

Back in my hey day, they were called b.b.'s that you dialed into.

Remote Pigtails
04-05-2007, 11:31 PM
I could do ten posts a day for a year and not catch up. Really depressing. i look so greenhornish at less than 200.

greenhorn, noun.
(Informal.)
1. a person without training or experience.
Ex. mere greenhorns, men unused to Indian life (Washington Irving).
2. a person easy to trick or cheat.
3. a person who has recently arrived in a country or other locale.

PurpHaze
04-05-2007, 11:36 PM
WordWeb also adds:

greenhorn: 1. an awkward and inexperienced youth

synonyms: cub, rookie

Raven386
04-05-2007, 11:41 PM
how hard can it be? all you need is to dig a trench throw in a pipe and hook it up to a water source. i was thinking about testing it out on my own yard before i advertise i can do it for people.

Raven386
04-05-2007, 11:42 PM
can i just use a garden hose instead of Pvc pipe?

Remote Pigtails
04-05-2007, 11:46 PM
You don't fool this greenhorn. You've got 714 posts.

sheshovel
04-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Cripes! Purp is almost caught up with me and I remember when he was a red faced noob!

Mike Leary
04-11-2007, 10:41 AM
can i just use a garden hose instead of Pvc pipe?

Not funny, McGee, I once looked at (& left quickly from) a site where ALL
THE LATERALS were garden hose...It never ends, how much service work
do you want? Not all of it.

Wet_Boots
04-11-2007, 04:07 PM
There was a 'system' of pipe and sprays that was based upon a square-ish garden hose that the brass sprays, with built-in saddle tees, clamped around. The heads were noteable for having really-tiny holes that threw some of the water almost straight up. Nothing else could substitute for them.

Mike Leary
04-11-2007, 04:35 PM
There was a 'system' of pipe and sprays that was based upon a square-ish garden hose that the brass sprays, with built-in saddle tees, clamped around. The heads were noteable for having really-tiny holes that threw some of the water almost straight up. Nothing else could substitute for them.

Wow, I remember those from my childhood! Oh god, is that what got me into
irrigation??????