PDA

View Full Version : Curly Neal got hosed!

SprinklerGuy
04-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Curly Neal paid a guy $95 to winterize last year and had a broken copper pipe in a wall....I had to cut the pipe in the basement, cut it outside pull 10 feet of 1 inch copper through the wall and start over....PITA...

That guy can talk as much as I can so the job took ove 2 hours ;)

I gave him one hell of a discount in exchange for these pictures and an autographed miniature ball, which I drove and got during the job.

Quality man....funny as heck.....and a great person!

this really isn't an irrigation thread...but I have met many many famous folks doing this job.....and he was by far my favorite...I grew up watching those Harlem Globetrotters and it was a pleasure to meet him....

I told him he was awfully short for a basketball player and he responded

"that's because his sprinklerguy was draggin him down!"

Sorry for the drift......

Remote Pigtails
04-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Great Pic. I saw Curley as a kid myself with the great Meadowlark Lemon. He'll remember me I was that red headed kid 8 rows up.

SprinklerGuy
04-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Yeah...me too in Okinawa, Japan..we had a laugh about that.

Meadowlark called while I was there....the New Globetrotters are in town this weekend.....he was asking Curley if he was going....I told him to tell him I said hello :)

Ground Master
04-06-2007, 09:51 AM
which one is Curly? , ah just kiddin'. I saw them as a kid too back in Jersey.

Tony, is he in the Springs?

Ground Master
04-06-2007, 09:57 AM
oh man its early! I guesss he wouldn't have paid 95 to winterize in Arizona!

Did he tell you what company charged him that much?

DanaMac
04-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Did he tell you what company charged him that much?

Not me!!!

I haven't worked for any celebrities that I know of. Unless you count that one time with Jenna Jameson!!!

PurpHaze
04-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Dang Tony... When I first saw the thread title the name escaped me until I started reading. At first I was thinking of "City Slickers" and Jack Palance but then remembered he was Curly Washburn in that movie.

As a kid I saw the Trotters several times in So Cal. I seem to remember they always played a team called the Washington or NJ Generals? It was always a delight and besides great basketball talent they always had the crowd in stitches with their humor and positive outlook on life.