PDA

View Full Version : Oh no... here it comes

DanaMac
04-06-2007, 10:16 AM
High of 35 predicted today. And high of 28 tomorrow. Looks like I'm making a bunch of calls today to shut things down. Good thing I'm on vacation too!!! Dad is out visiting so I'm not working much. Taken him out working a couple days, and all he does is complain that I don't give him a lunch break. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PurpHaze
04-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Us old guys need lots of breaks. Watch out for parental abuse charges. :laugh:

bicmudpuppy
04-06-2007, 12:12 PM
High of 35 predicted today. And high of 28 tomorrow. Looks like I'm making a bunch of calls today to shut things down. Good thing I'm on vacation too!!! Dad is out visiting so I'm not working much. Taken him out working a couple days, and all he does is complain that I don't give him a lunch break. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Highs are above freezing here, but you should see the posey's getting toasted. Went to Wally World yesterday. They were taking the covers off to throw everything away! Temp is only 25 and won't get to 32 until late today. Oh well, atleast my golfers are smart enough to not show up and cry because I won't let them play.....

Dirty Water
04-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Its supposed to hit the high '70s today.

PurpHaze
04-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Ditto here... damn global warming. :cry:

GreenN'Clean
04-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Its going down to 20 degrees tomorrow

justgeorge
04-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Cincinnati gets a low of 17 tonight.....

jerryrwm
04-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Snow flurries (none sticking) and a low of 22. High might be 38. Then down to low 20s again tonight.

Since we didn't have a white Christmas we might have a white Easter.

londonrain
04-07-2007, 08:21 PM
A low of 23-25 in South Carolina this weekend and I am glad. Last week was in the 80's and my phone rang off the hook. I need time to catch up, 30+ service calls last Friday and over last weekend plus I picked up 2 more full installs...No calls so far this weekend...

h20 guy
04-10-2007, 07:42 AM
LondonRain, I was down in Hilton Head last week for SpringBreak with the family, what a Beautiful Area. What area of SC are you from, 80's felt great at the ocean, only to come back to snow and 30's back in Mich.

BSME
04-10-2007, 07:52 AM
h2O... you turn any systems on yet? I've seen companies running around doing it. That's crazy.

I turned on a couple systems that needed some special attention but drained two of them afterwards. The one system I didnt drain blew the poppet and bonnet and I cant get them on the phone. I think they went on spring break or something. I stopped by to check on it and had to shut off the water at the bottom ball valve.

DanaMac
04-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Well I have gotten calls for 3 existing customers and 1 new one, that they had freeze damage from this latest cold front. Most likely just the bonnet and poppet. But I haven't checked yesterdays messages yet (dad still vacationing here), and am expecting more. I saw the temp gauge in my truck reading 16 degrees Sunday morning. Yeah that's about 10 degrees colder than was expected. Supposed to get more cold and snow late this week, and it is lightly snowing right now. I'm still having my tech go out and work, but then shut them back down and get them ready for the customer to just open the supply handle, and turn the controller back on. We can't sit around here forever. Need some money rolling in.

gusbuster
04-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Well I have gotten calls for 3 existing customers and 1 new one, that they had freeze damage from this latest cold front. Most likely just the bonnet and poppet. But I haven't checked yesterdays messages yet (dad still vacationing here), and am expecting more. I saw the temp gauge in my truck reading 16 degrees Sunday morning. Yeah that's about 10 degrees colder than was expected. Supposed to get more cold and snow late this week, and it is lightly snowing right now. I'm still having my tech go out and work, but then shut them back down and get them ready for the customer to just open the supply handle, and turn the controller back on. We can't sit around here forever. Need some money rolling in.
Last couple of years, weren't you guys suffering from drought?

DanaMac
04-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Yup, sure were. I enjoy and love the snow, but don't want it in April/May.

londonrain
04-10-2007, 06:42 PM
LondonRain, I was down in Hilton Head last week for SpringBreak with the family, what a Beautiful Area. What area of SC are you from, 80's felt great at the ocean, only to come back to snow and 30's back in Mich.I am in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains in the upstate of SC, Hilton Head is a very nice area of SC...So much for the cold weather slowing down the calls.....

PurpHaze
04-10-2007, 10:37 PM
We can't sit around here forever. Need some money rolling in.

Hey... but look at all the extra time off you're getting. :)

It's just delaying the "Colorado Crabapple" effect on you guys. [As soon as it warms up you'll be up to your armpits in calls and then be as sour as a crabapple on the forum.] :laugh:

DanaMac
04-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Another 12" of snow forecast for my place Thur/Fri. With a second punch on Monday. Oh well.

Mike Leary
04-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Another 12" of snow forecast for my place Thur/Fri. With a second punch on Monday. Oh well.

Rain Bird makes a 6" extension for 1812s, that should get you above the
snow line! Good luck with the thaw.:waving:

bicmudpuppy
04-11-2007, 09:04 PM

I didn't need to hear that Dana, Sunday and Monday are supposed to be back in the 60's. I don't want to hear about you pushing more cold air down the mountain at me after that.....
1.5" of cold rain in the last 36 hours. Well, good news is I don't have to turn try and turn the water back on with the cold weather.

Mike Leary
04-11-2007, 10:41 PM
" Turn try and turn" is what we do in the Pacific NW in the fall. Hope it thaw
soon for you guys.....we're firing um' up.

PurpHaze
04-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Hell... I'm only 33 work orders behind.

DanaMac
04-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Ding Ding Ding!!! Round #2.

12"-18" predicted at my place today and into tomorrow. Possibility of even more than that. Well, my schedule is officially screwed. I did one commercial property this morning, then canceled the rest for both of us. Looks like I'm working Sunday.

So yes, here come the grumpy Colorado guys!!!!!!!

SprinklerGuy
04-24-2007, 02:06 PM
*&^%$&*&^%$@#$%^^&&%$#

Pics attached.....

Luckily..my service area is only getting rain which will make for a messy sombiatch on my install tomorrow....but I'm not cancelling...I'm sick of the weather dictating my income ;)

I have about 1 foot already...and the power going off and on.....sigh.

PurpHaze
04-24-2007, 09:46 PM
But... it's sooooo pretty. :)

DanaMac
04-24-2007, 09:51 PM
But... it's sooooo pretty. :)

You're absolutely right. I love the snow, but would really appreciate it more during the actual winter months. Not late April. I need a job that is not so determined by the weather, except maybe in the weather related field. I get excited about bad or extreme weather - blizzards, thunder and lightning, tornados, hurricanes, etc. i would love to get into tornado chasing.

PurpHaze
04-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Perhaps it's the storm that hit us Sunday, dumping snow in the mountains. It's mid-70's today and supposed to be up to 85 by Saturday. It's been a very weird spring.

DanaMac
04-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Ended up with about 12"-16" of VERY heavy wet snow. Power went out at 11:00 due to broken tree taking out power line along my property. Came on about 7:30 this morning. The noise and flashing of it woke me up, and scared the heck out of me. Also 3 broken trees on my property, and a few other limbs. Looks like no work again today for me!!!

SprinklerGuy
04-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Ditto...

Actually I'm headed down to collect yet again another deposit for work I cannot do ;)

I am going to set the manifold for my install that I am hopefully starting tomorrow...and go talk to the lady that has the 825 that is cracked/warped.....not looking forward to that..she called me yesterday 3 times during the snow/rain......anxious woman eh?

MarcSmith
04-25-2007, 11:10 AM
83 Yesterday... and sunny...Too soon I'll be complaining of the 95's with 100% humidity....

DanaMac
05-07-2007, 05:23 AM
All right guys, this isn't funny. Purp, stop sending all your moisture out here. I got another 6"+ of snow last night. My schedule is once again..... screwed.

I know, I know.... stop whining. I'm glad we're getting the moisture, just need to complain a little.

bicmudpuppy
05-07-2007, 06:20 AM
All right guys, this isn't funny. Purp, stop sending all your moisture out here. I got another 6"+ of snow last night. My schedule is once again..... screwed.

I know, I know.... stop whining. I'm glad we're getting the moisture, just need to complain a little.

Had 'puter off all day Yesterday and mowed like a demon all of Saturday in expectation of all the rain, but we are showing almost 7" of RAIN in the last 24 hours. 90+% of more thunder and rain today and tonight. Not only can I not do anything, I'm going to spend the next couple of days getting chewed out for having a closed sign up! And when I finally take that down for the "no carts", I'm going to be even more popular. Well, atleast I don't NEED my irrigation system right now.:cry: :cry: :cry:

PurpHaze
05-07-2007, 08:24 AM

It isn't MY moisture... it's Mother Nature's moisture. I only noticed that you guys would get hit a couple of days after a system blows over us here in central CA. Call me an "early warning system" if you'd like. Last couple of days have been beautiful mid 70s so looks like you'll be OK soon. Get the picnic baskets and lawn blankets ready for some "spring fever" type of weather. :)

SprinklerGuy
05-07-2007, 12:29 PM
1 foot here.....almost melted now though...but it hurt my week again...

PurpHaze
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
OK guys... I think spring has sprung and it's on its way to summer. We went into the low 90s today and it's supposed to stay that way for quite some time. We officially change to a 5:30 am starting time beginning in the morning which means one less hour in the heat.

bicmudpuppy
05-07-2007, 10:09 PM
1 foot here.....almost melted now though...but it hurt my week again...

1 foot of almost melted snow may have you working before I can!

DanaMac
05-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Captains log: May 23, 2007, 5:53 PM. More of this white stuff these people call snow. Not sure how they deal with it. Especially the cool sprinkler guys.

PurpHaze
05-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Biatch, biatch, biatch... live in the mountains expect unpredictable weather. We've been around 88 all week but I'm sure it'll be going up to 3D soon. :)

DanaMac
05-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Biatch, biatch, biatch... live in the mountains expect unpredictable weather. We've been around 88 all week but I'm sure it'll be going up to 3D soon. :)

To be honest, I LOVE IT!!!! #1, I love the snow. #2, it has kept our phones at a steady pace. Instead of 50-60 calls a day, it is more like 20-30 on the high end days. And people are willing to wait the 7-14 days we are booked out. More like 7-10, but non-essential repairs are getting put on the back burner. Just makes it tough to work in. I don't mind getting wet, and I don't mind being cold, but I can't stand being wet AND cold.