PDA

View Full Version : new deere 757 with M.O.D. ,and trailer

DeereHauler
04-06-2007, 09:33 PM
well monday i finally got my new mower, and yesterday i picked up my new trailer. i just out grew my 12 foot trailer, and the bagger makes the unit a lot wider.

the 757 has the mulch on demand and 3 unit material collection system.

18' x 83" landscaper trailer made by freisen trailer. made in OK, but sold here in PA by a cousin. this trailer is the best i found, its power coated, and built very well. and for $2000.00, i bought it as fast as i could!

and both mowers have sirius satellite radio!

stuffdeer
04-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Could I see some pictures of the Sirius Satelitte Radio? I was thinking of adding that next to my spedometer.

DeereHauler
04-06-2007, 09:49 PM
here are the pics of the stand on. the 757 is the same idea. the antenna is on the rops, and unit is in the cup holder. the antenna needs to be moved on this mower. is right under the controls and it interferes with the signal.

zim bob the landscaper
04-06-2007, 10:01 PM
thats awesome. never knew you could do that.

stumpjumper
04-06-2007, 10:34 PM
I know all the Freisons, they live at the Menonite colony here in Ok. I have 1 of their trailers and my Dad had them build him 2 custom stock trailers. They build as good a trailer as you can buy.

deereman
04-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Deerehauler I think that you and I were watching each other! I made some of the same purchases that you did! I went with the same trailer with options as follows, LED Lights, Aluminum tongue tool box, Dove Tail, Rear split tractor ramp gates spring assisted, and I also went with the 48" x 60" side ramp gate. I also had them pinstripe it with yellow and green paint to match our Deere mowers. And I also bought a new 757 Ztrak as well although I went with a Reg. deck instead of the MOD deck due to its larger discharge chute opening. Although I sure could have used the MOD deck I chickened out as I was afraid of clumping with the smaller chute in wetter grasses. Looks just like our set up thou! Just add a couple more mowers on there! Looks real nice and they should do you very well!

deereman
04-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Deerehauler I think that you and I were watching each other! I made some of the same purchases that you did! I went with the same trailer with options as follows, LED Lights, Aluminum tongue tool box, Dove Tail, Rear split tractor ramp gates spring assisted, and I also went with the 48" x 60" side ramp gate. I also had them pinstripe it with yellow and green paint to match our Deere mowers. And I also bought a new 757 Ztrak as well although I went with a Reg. deck instead of the MOD deck due to its larger discharge chute opening. Although I sure could have used the MOD deck I chickened out as I was afraid of clumping with the smaller chute in wetter grasses. Looks just like our set up thou! Just add a couple more mowers on there! Looks real nice and they should do you very well!

I forgot to mention that I also have Tear drop fenders over the tires.

ALarsh
04-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Looks great. Any concern with water on the radios?

TheLawnBarber
04-07-2007, 01:22 AM
Man thats a tight setup! Those John Deers's look more appealing to me as every day goes by. Nice equipment!

Lawn Enforcer
04-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Sweet thing with the radios, I never thought of that one!

DeereHauler
04-07-2007, 06:19 PM
I know all the Freisons, they live at the Menonite colony here in Ok. I have 1 of their trailers and my Dad had them build him 2 custom stock trailers. They build as good a trailer as you can buy.

i hear ya, this is the best trailer i have ever seen. so far its exactly what i need.

DeereHauler
04-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Looks great. Any concern with water on the radios?

thanks,

yes, i am concerned, but they are detatchable, so as long as i remove them i'll be ok. all the other connections are waterproof. that main-unit shown on the stand-on is the only one i have. you have to pay for each main-unit, so i have 3 docking stations, and i just take the main-unit from truck to machines.

Mowman16
04-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Sweet stuff.:cool2:

Sharp Services
04-08-2007, 12:09 AM
here are the pics of the stand on. the 757 is the same idea. the antenna is on the rops, and unit is in the cup holder. the antenna needs to be moved on this mower. is right under the controls and it interferes with the signal.

I think that is the coolest thing I have ever seen ... is it weather proof?

BrandonLawns
04-08-2007, 12:51 AM
I have been thinking about purchasing a John Deere z rider in the future. Do you like the mulch on demand option and how well dose it work?

PeteSVSS
04-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Can you give a few more details on the waterproof radio hoook-ups? What do you use for headphones- ( Worktunes?). Which Sirius receiver model is that? I have been thinking about doing this for some time now. I get real tired of hearing the same raio commercials 15 times a day.

DeereHauler
04-08-2007, 09:38 AM
I have been thinking about purchasing a John Deere z rider in the future. Do you like the mulch on demand option and how well dose it work?

this is my second 757. its just a great machine. i haven't used the mod yet this year because the grass isn't growing here yet, BUT i did demo one for a few days when it came out. its amazing, i'm not really interested in mulching as much as minimal mess, so when you get near sidewalks, or mulch beds, just pull the handle and no mess. it does do a great job mulching, we used it one leaves when i tried it, and it just made them disappear.

i let you know more in a week or 2

DeereHauler
04-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Can you give a few more details on the waterproof radio hoook-ups? What do you use for headphones- ( Worktunes?). Which Sirius receiver model is that? I have been thinking about doing this for some time now. I get real tired of hearing the same raio commercials 15 times a day.

the power supply has a waterproof cap, and the wires are insulated, and the antenna is made to be on the outside of your vehicle. i use worktunes headphones, and it just wirelessly tunes through them. and like i said the actual sirius box comes off, its not waterproof, but i can remove it so it desn't get wet.

my sirius model is starmate, which i think they don't make anymore. it has pause, rewind, and favorties memory so it warns me if an artist or song is coming up. don't buy the cheapest model, my wife has that and the quality is poor, i'm going to replace hers when her subscription is up. they are always changing units, my friend and i both got sirius within a year and they are both different. it as been the best purchase i have ever made!!!

POPO4995
04-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Looks great! :usflag:

tony51170
04-08-2007, 12:42 PM
your johndeeres look great ,but i had a z-trax 777 and a 797 with a bagger like that. the bagger you will be disappointed on. it is ok with leaves but with grass you will be digging out clog ups more than grass going in to hopper. a seperate unit with a motor of its own is the only way to go.

DeereHauler
04-08-2007, 06:22 PM
your johndeeres look great ,but i had a z-trax 777 and a 797 with a bagger like that. the bagger you will be disappointed on. it is ok with leaves but with grass you will be digging out clog ups more than grass going in to hopper. a seperate unit with a motor of its own is the only way to go.

did you have the plastic verical unit, or the new horizontal metal blower unit? how big was your mower deck?

tony51170
04-08-2007, 07:50 PM
my deck was 60" and it was vertical . still yours is running off the power of you mower deck isn't it? that was the main problem i like. like i said if the grass was really not tall but good and dry it was ok but other wise it did not keep up. it does ok on leaves

DeereHauler
04-08-2007, 07:58 PM
my deck was 60" and it was vertical . still yours is running off the power of you mower deck isn't it? that was the main problem i like. like i said if the grass was really not tall but good and dry it was ok but other wise it did not keep up. it does ok on leaves

i guess i'll find out soon enough. i had peco call me wanting to sell me a unit after i called them 2 months ago.......little too late for that.

HazellLawnCare
04-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Keep us posted on how well the bagger works. The only reason I didn't buy Deere stuff was the baggers on the z's.

DeereHauler
05-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Keep us posted on how well the bagger works. The only reason I didn't buy Deere stuff was the baggers on the z's.

the bagger has been excellent. holds lots of grass, and very powerful. when i first drove it around my house, and turned the deck on with the bagger, i though it would be sluggish, and loose power. but i have used it a dozen times, and its great. it clogged once, but it was my fault. grass was very long, and early morning dew was heavy, bad combo.

it hasn't left any grass behind, and i'm very happy with the easy on and off set-up. i keep the blower, tube, bags, and weights in my truck bed, and the frame/hood mounted on the trailer. when i need it, i take a few minutes, and i'm ready to go. it comes with 4-40lb weights, which you need all of. i tried 2, then 3, but finally i realized just to put all 4 on. they are suitcase weights, and being able to take them on and off so quick makes it nice, i wouldn't want all the extra weight all the time.

highly recommended.

JDWalkbehind
05-04-2007, 09:31 PM
off the bagger topic but have any of you guy's tried the striping kit. how well does it work i'm thinging about getting one.thanks

nick

Travis E
05-04-2007, 09:51 PM
off the bagger topic but have any of you guy's tried the striping kit. how well does it work i'm thinging about getting one.thanks

nick

I am getting mine Tuesday so I will try to take some pictures with and without it to show everyone how well (or not well) it works.

JDWalkbehind
05-04-2007, 10:01 PM
thanks if you get a chance will you take some pic's on how it mounts. thanks

nick'

Sharp Services
09-03-2007, 06:12 PM
the power supply has a waterproof cap, and the wires are insulated, and the antenna is made to be on the outside of your vehicle. i use worktunes headphones, and it just wirelessly tunes through them. and like i said the actual sirius box comes off, its not waterproof, but i can remove it so it desn't get wet.

my sirius model is starmate, which i think they don't make anymore. it has pause, rewind, and favorties memory so it warns me if an artist or song is coming up. don't buy the cheapest model, my wife has that and the quality is poor, i'm going to replace hers when her subscription is up. they are always changing units, my friend and i both got sirius within a year and they are both different. it as been the best purchase i have ever made!!!

So if I understand the Sirius transmits the signal on a certian station and then I can use my Peltors to listen to it?