PDA

View Full Version : mounting sprayer on mower?

touchofpride
04-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Hey guys,

Need a little help here. Searched previous posts and couldn't find what I'm looking for. Have an exmark walkbehind mower does not have electric start. I want to mount a spray tank on the front of it with a single nozzle (boom pattern) that sprays out front of the mower. Anway, mounting and stuff is not a problem, but if it's an electric sprayer and my mower doesn't have a battery and mount a battery do I need to constantly charge it?? How long will it last?? Can I tie it in with my mower so charging is not neccesary? Thanks in advance.

RigglePLC
04-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Don't know. But the 1 gal per min Flo-Jet pump draws about 10 amps. It all depends on how big your battery is. A good battery shop should be able to help you, maybe "Batteries Plus".

You may need 3 nozzles and a short boom. You might be able to cover 8 to 10 feet wide.

Have you considered using a mechanical pump--maybe an inexpensive roller pump? Drive it with a belt.

LindblomRJ
04-07-2007, 09:36 PM
If you need electricity you could try a deep cycle marine battery, such as those used to power trolling motors. As far as recharge time or battery life that is unknown. However you could pull a heavy guage wire off the battery to the use to charge the battery when transported. You would want the power to the box switched and on a circuit breaker.

A roller pump would be the way I think I would go with the type of setup you have.