PDA

View Full Version : Echo

DaughtryLC
04-07-2007, 02:19 PM
I have a heck of a time getting my trimmer to start all the time! If I cut it off and go back to it in a few it will start fine but, after an hr. its hard to start again! I saw a post on here about a carb ajustment but cant find it. THANKS

Raven386
04-07-2007, 02:23 PM
mine do the same exact thing. and ive brought mine to the dealer a few times when they were still in warranty. They said they kept adjusting the carb and then a week later it would take 5 minutes to start it again.

DaughtryLC
04-07-2007, 02:26 PM
mine do the same exact thing. and ive brought mine to the dealer a few times when they were still in warranty. They said they kept adjusting the carb and then a week later it would take 5 minutes to start it again.

Yea I have a edger and blower and no problems with them!

ose58
04-07-2007, 08:34 PM
2-Cycle equipment is real particular about starting techniques. I have always had good luck with the following technique.
1) push primer slowly 10 times
2) Engage full choke
3) Pull starter until the engine tries to light (3 to 5 pulls)
4) Go to half choke and squeeze trigger wide open - pull starter It should
light off right away.
This method starts trimmers, blowers, saws almost every brand every time.

ed2hess
04-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Not likely a carb adjustment ........sounds like maybe coil...when it won't start measure resistance from coil wire to the engine and if it is open that is the problem. Post which model and how old the unit is....i work on a lot of Echo units and I can try to help you. I assume you changed the plug, the gas filter, the air filter, the breather?

mini14
04-08-2007, 10:43 AM
after 17 years of buying echo pos's 3 years ago i switched to husky weedwackers, they have NEVER not started after the second pull, i used to have tear into echos once a week to keep em runnen.only thing echo on my trailer is a pb751..echo is done for me....

nobagger
04-08-2007, 10:47 AM
I had the same problem with both a weed wacker and a hand held blower. Dealer said they (Echo) had carb problems and they were supposed to replace the carb. Both peices of equipment got new carbs.

Lynden-Jeff
04-08-2007, 11:45 AM
With my echo its usually 2 choke pulls in the morning followed by a half choke and it fires. After that its 1 pull all day. I would not pay a dime more for another brand even if it did start in 1 pull. 3 pulls is not the end of the world.

Cheers