PDA

View Full Version : Code names/ nicknames for customers

Albemarle Lawn
07-29-2001, 03:27 PM
My employees would often give me a blank look if I said go to Mr. Schwartz house on Edgewood Ln, etc.

We evolved into nicknames for the lawns and they can remember those. For example, we have a sprawling one-level that looks Spanish. It looks like the Chi-Chi's restaurant, so for years now we just call it Chi-Chi's. I say go cut the grass at Chi-Chi's.

We have an Indian family, with a name I can't pronounce on a street with a name I can't even remember. I say go cut the grass at HINDU's. And the grass gets cut.

Anyone else have nicknames for props?

KB

EJK2352
07-29-2001, 03:42 PM
We had alot of customer nicknames at my previous employer.
I would make sure your employee's know to never use the nickname when dealing with the customer directly. Some people might take offense:) ED

Bob_McNaughton
07-29-2001, 03:47 PM
We had a customer named Lee, and the street he lived on was "Gettysburg".

I routinely could be heard saying "Go mow the generals" or sometimes one of my other employees would say "Be sure to trim the battlefield today".

LMAO

LAWNGODFATHER
07-29-2001, 04:27 PM
Yep

We have had a few nicknames over the years but I finally got rid of them

We had one guy that walked slowly, we called him Baby Steps and the guys knew to cut him and the other three

Another one was the Dungeon the house down a hill from hell

It was hard to memorize all of the addresses years ago when I went to 2 crews and couldnít use the customers name cause they wouldnít know where I was talking about so the Nicknames came out
House that were different we used that. Houses that had statues or monuments in the yard we used that. Even use the house around the corner from McDonalds

Most every one has nick names for properties make sure if they are bad ones the client donít hear them

LGF:blob1:

Evan528
07-29-2001, 05:00 PM
My previous employee had a nick name for just about all 50 houses we maintained..... hippy house (a middle aged couple with a pink and turquoise house...... the artist type),grumpy man house (guy always came out always looking pissed off and asked him to do extras..... they were alot of stupid names but they were easier to remember than 50 last names.

cos
07-29-2001, 05:14 PM
We had names like blind man, blinky's house, hag's, etc.

1MajorTom
07-29-2001, 06:43 PM
We have three lady customers in a row. We call them the 3 Stooges. We also have three black customers in a row. We call them the 3 black Stooges.

One guy who has tattoos all over his body. We call him Tattoo Man.

Lady who's last name is Hawe. We would always pronounce it as Howe. And she would correct us rather haughtly. So now we call her Hee Haw.

One customer who my mom went to school with a long time ago. This customer used to be a cheerleader and used to be thin. Her name is Lois. In school she used to be called Little Lo. Well she ain't little anymore, but we still call her Little Lo.

One lady we can't pronounce her name. Her house has purple shutters. So we call her the purple shutter lady.

Obviously these names are just between my husband and me.

lawnboy82
07-29-2001, 09:21 PM
i use nicknames frequently with my guys. however nick names are few and far between. there are several "casa loco personas" you just have to use the town name in front of the nick name. there is "casa de ossining lawn mower" "casa fat man" "casa de bedford" "deli senor" and all the other ones. we just find em and use em. it is easier. my personal favorite- "casa senor get undressed"

Loosestrife
07-29-2001, 09:37 PM
The PissAnt
The Prime Minister
Hockey Head
Mrs. Sex
Mrs. Paranoid
Mrs. Rectum
LittleOldLadyWhoWon'tTellMeHerName
Window Man
Warehouse Man
Stained Glass Man
Beer Man
The Pisser (this guy always smelled like a urinal)
Virgin Mary
Sexy Doctor
Rusty Jones
Body Shop Guy
Wiesenschouzner
George Costanza
Snag 'L Tooth
Tony the Tiger

TLS
07-29-2001, 09:55 PM
Well I dont have names for my customers, but I have names for my equipment.....For the backpack blower, I call her "MONICA" ....for obvious reasons! The 8hp Little Wonder is called Big MONICA. My trucks called "BIG RED", and the Lazer is called "LITTLE RED". There are others, but none as fun as those.

steveair
07-30-2001, 12:15 AM
Hello,

Hello, use to work for a company and one cllient had a lake house that the roofs looked like mushrooms. It was always called the 'smurf house'

Today, I have been working for a client doing a patio/planting and he is german. Just my luck, his parents came over from germany (about 80 year olds, now nicknamed olga and frans) and sit outside and watch us ALLLLLLLLLLl DAYYYYYYYYYYY. They speak just about 0 english. What a treat.

From the start of the job, I have named the job 'the NAZI's house'
other names that have come up are David Hasselhoff's (He's big in Germany) and 'Sprockets House' (the skit from Sat. night live). Everyday, we start the day by saying "this is the part of the job where we dance"

Oh, and who could forget the one yard where everytime we went there, the neighbor's 18 year old daughter was outside washing her car in a Bikinini. That one didn't even have a name, it was just called the 'place'
steveair

grassyfras
07-30-2001, 02:30 AM
we had one lady come do the door once in a slutty outfit yet she was real hot. we always joke around after we told her how much she owed us that she would say "Now i have to blow" so we would alweays say that as her nickmane.

Evrgreen
07-30-2001, 02:30 AM
TOAD.Looks Toady,loves cars, is of disreputable character and of course reminds you of Toad,of Toad Hall in the Wind in the Willows.
I have not ever heard single person refer to him by his real name,I had to finally ask-Doesent that guy have any friends?Tool dealer did say they were racing buddies of sorts,problem was,you guessed it'Its a Toad-mobile alright was also a typical comment.Good grief!

MOW ED
07-30-2001, 11:09 AM
I've got 4 customers in a row on a cul-de sac, all in their 60's and 70's and all with dead husbands hence "Widows Corners".

Highest revenue per stop with this one.

BRL
07-30-2001, 12:03 PM
My friend who's been helping out a little just asked me "why do we call this guy Beer Man?" Because he always offers a beer. Save him for the last one of the day :)

Iced Tea Lady. 80 year old lady who can spot a dandelion 25 yards away and knows the minute you adjust cutting height. Makes the best damned home made iced tea ever tasted, even makes ice cubes out of the stuff so your drink doesn't get watered down as it melts. Mmm mmm good.

We do mostly commercial, so the names of the buildings work well. But nobody that has ever worked for me ever knew any of my residential's real names that I can remember.

Guido
07-30-2001, 01:59 PM
Some that I can still remember were fatboy, weed lady, milk lady, the hippie-chick, jungle house, Car-parts, Harvard, and GI Joe.

There were more, but those are the ones with the funniest memories to me and the guys that used to work for me.

CMerLand
07-30-2001, 02:20 PM
UHHH loostrife,

You want to elaborate on that Mrs Sex one???

Twotoros
07-30-2001, 04:13 PM
Dog S_ _ t Lady - never cleaned up the dog messes

The Grimm's - a bunch sad faced sisters and other relatives (4 in all) that lived side by side and were a pain to do.

Lady that needs a f_ _ _'n - Was a pain and was told to her face by the previous LCO that what she needs is a good _ _ ck'n.

Cat gut Woman

powerreel
07-30-2001, 04:28 PM
Here's some of our code names:

Anal Boy's
Snippy Lady Neighborhood
The Gate
English Lady's
Captain Kirk
Malcolm X
Hell-Vue
Clint Eastwood's
Elvis

It helps get to the point.
:angel: :blush: :angel:

carl28
07-30-2001, 07:40 PM
1. Mahoney-Big Blues Pad
2. Reaney-The immigrants
3. Samaha-The Realator
4. Ordway-The F-ing dog run
5. Underwood-The Undertakers
6. Wyley- E. Coyotes
7.Maher-The Krauts
8. Nelson-The tennis ball lady
9. Van Wyck-The Blue bug chick
10. The Playground
11. Perkins-The Daycare

lawnboy11
07-30-2001, 08:17 PM
Saggy
Cleetus the Sackville yokel
Strap-on-a-****-us (greek named lady)
______land (anywhere there are multiple houses pick one last name and fill in the blank.)
Crusty
Leprechaun
Drunk lady
Crust in tears
Scrotum
Fudd

jnjnlc
07-30-2001, 10:38 PM
I have one lawn I call the "Junk yard" because there is not one blade of grass (I'm working on it though). Nothing but weeds now.

Mr Grouch
Roller Coaster yard

Most of the I just call by thier first name since I work solo.

southside
07-31-2001, 08:55 AM
Peckerhead
Peanut
Dipsh*t
These are the more common ones. As you might have guessed,I
only do commercial jobs.

Loosestrife
07-31-2001, 09:25 PM
Cmerland- Last name was Sexauour

I almost forgot this one; we have several clients that go by this nickname:

M.I.L.F.

MATTHEW
08-03-2001, 08:19 PM
Years ago we did a lot of lawns right in a row on a street called Bellflower. As soon as we pulled up, all of the screen doors flew open like dominos falling. I think they called each other in some pre-planned manner. They all came out and wanted to talk for a 1/2 hour. They were all over 80 years old.No matter how many times you said "we are very busy and need to get to work" they just ignored us and kept talking. They were always known as the
"BELLFLOWER BABES"

corycc
08-03-2001, 08:56 PM
I must be weird. We use everybody's last names and remember them all.:p

Fareway Lawncare
08-11-2004, 10:18 PM
-The Wacko

-The Nut Job

-The Crazy Lady

HOOLIE
08-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Used to mow one house, it was over $2 million. Anyway, these people, I never saw them, they were members of Iranian royalty or something of that nature. They had a full security staff to roam the property (all 10,000k of it). The head of security was a dead ringer for Wilford Brimley, so we called the place "Wilford's".

EastProLawn
08-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Well here's some of the top winner's

1) El Cheapo

2) Heineken woman

3) The Principal

4) Doogie Howser

5) Butterface ( everything "But-a-face )

PROCUT1
08-12-2004, 12:18 AM
casas de chickens
casas in front de chickens
the rocks
the swamps
lady no touch the fence
little bridge
in front de makinas
titties
chi-chis
lady da big ass
lady loca
guy de tres juevos "( dont quite know how my guys know this)
mucho basura
lady gorda

plenty more

EastProLawn
08-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by corycc
I must be weird. We use everybody's last names and remember them all.:p Party Pooper:p

txlawnking
08-12-2004, 12:32 AM
Crazy lady.. she history ( got too crazy )
River house
The dump/ 521

tiedeman
08-12-2004, 01:37 AM
Taco Bender

She is mexican, but is soooo hot. So we call her taco bender (just think about it and you will get it)

DALMlawn&landscaping
08-12-2004, 02:29 AM
lets see here, back in the day when it wasn't important to remember last names, they went as followed (i might have lost a few braincells so i dont know how many i know)

"Grumpy"
"Bush Lady"
"Stripper"
"stalker daughters"
"the one with the adopted daughter"
and the rest we actually called by the last names, but no mr. or mrs., just the last name

tiedeman
08-12-2004, 05:36 AM
when I talk to customers, usually anyone older than 60 I call by their last name, usually. And then anyone younger I call them by their first name except for doctors and judges

beaver
08-12-2004, 11:53 AM
lets see

old willy- redneck guy that acts like a farmer and rides a tractor while we work

Willy woman- old willys wife

Mole man- a guy who strangles moles with his bare hands
mole woman-mole mans wife

chevyman1
08-12-2004, 11:57 AM
I have "stifler's mom"---look identical, hotter than any 40_ year old I mow for and her daughters are even hotter

"the mansion".....12,000 sq ft home, nicest people ever

"the bog"---crappy townhouse that's backyard is always half under water

beaver
08-12-2004, 12:00 PM
i almost called one of my customers by name once too caught that quickly thank god :confused: