PDA

View Full Version : ZTR Air Filters and Canisters

wall
04-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Does your ZTR Air Filter Canister have 2 filters? Outer primary filter with an inner safety filter. The reason I am asking is that my Tiger Cub has a Fleetguard AH 19082 canister and only one AF 25550 primary filter no safety filter. I am trying to determine if there is a safety filter for this canister or do I need a different canister to have both. I have looked through the Fleetguard pdf. catalogs and can not find a safety filter for this set-up.

ProStreetCamaro
04-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Hmmm I dont know to be honest. Our 23 Kaw on our Tank has the Donaldson filter setup and it has 2 filters in it.

scagman52
04-08-2007, 10:52 AM
What motor do you have? I have a TigerCub with the 19 Kaw. My outer filter is Fleetgaurd #25551 and the inner filter is 25552. I have seen these on Ebay for cheap money.

Lynden-Jeff
04-08-2007, 11:31 AM
What motor do you have? I have a TigerCub with the 19 Kaw. My outer filter is Fleetgaurd #25551 and the inner filter is 25552. I have seen these on Ebay for cheap money.

Hey,

We have the donaldson type as well on our 19 hp kaw bobcat. It is 2 filters. The inner one rarely has to be replaced but I changed the outer one quite often. Im trying to find replacements online but all I can find are the kohler.

Cheers
Jeff

wall
04-08-2007, 11:35 AM
I have a 2007 19hp Kawasaki with 5hrs. I stopped at a Scag dealer and got all my filters for my break in service (AF 25551) and (AF 25552) for air. I went to check my air filter I found only one filter and it is about 3 inches shorter (AF 25550) than the replacement. That's when I started checking the Fleetguard web site and it looks like too use both filters I need a different canister but then I noticed that the outlet on my current system (AH 19082) is 1.75" and the (AH 19086) canister for the dual filter replacements I purchased is 2" so I would need a different carburetor adapter. The simplest thing would be to find the safety filter for the canister I have if any. But if I have to I will get what I need to have two filters when I return the ones that donít fit.

than the replacement I purchased

Runner
04-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I've seen Kawasakis with two filters and some with only one. All Kohlers I've ever worked on all have two.

pugs
04-08-2007, 04:33 PM
The 19HP kaws could be tricky. Is it an FH601V or FH580V? The 601 uses the same canister as the 21, 23 and 25's. The 580 would have the smaller canister. I have not seen one of these up close yet as most of the stuff we sell with the smaller block engines just use the standard air filters.

lawnspecialties
04-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Hmmm I dont know to be honest. Our 23 Kaw on our Tank has the Donaldson filter setup and it has 2 filters in it.

My SuperZ's have the Donaldson filter setup as well. My dealer (they are a top 20 Hustler dealer) told me recently to throw the inner filter in the trash. They said some engines have been having plug fouling problems due to restricted air flow with the twin filters. This isn't just their opinion but has come down from higher up the "food chain".

It makes sense seeing how when I pulled the inner filter from my 650 hour SuperZ, it looked almost as clean as my brand new 2 hour SuperZ's inner filter. I've been running them both now with only the outer filter and they're running great. :)