PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Oil

Lynden-Jeff
04-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Hey,

I have yet to change the hydro oil on my rider and 48 wb so im going to do it for tune up. The book recommends one of 3 different oils.

15w40 20w50 or synthetic 15w50.

Are there any differences between them? Would there be any harmfull effects if it current has 15w40 and I add the synthetic? Anything I need to know other then drain and top of to the bottom of the filler neck?

Cheers
Jeff

Drew Gemma
04-08-2007, 12:38 PM
use synthetic it has better heat tolerances less likly to over heat and break down the oil. Just be sure to use extreme caustion. Most contamiates get into the system when it is serviced. So wipe off all areas that will be open and do it in a clean place. We have never changed hydro fluid on our mowers except when nececary for warrenty. Our Ferris z we were told not to change it at all would void warrenty.

Lynden-Jeff
04-08-2007, 12:51 PM
use synthetic it has better heat tolerances less likly to over heat and break down the oil. Just be sure to use extreme caustion. Most contamiates get into the system when it is serviced. So wipe off all areas that will be open and do it in a clean place. We have never changed hydro fluid on our mowers except when nececary for warrenty. Our Ferris z we were told not to change it at all would void warrenty.

Hey,

On my bobcats it says at first 5 hours (which I didn't do, oops) and at 500 hrs. Both have less then 100 hrs on it so I will do it now and then again in 500 hrs. Thanks for the info!

Cheers
Jeff

pugs
04-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Yah, they give you 3 oils. Honestly I dont know what comes in them from the factory. And changing all of the oil is basically impossible since you can really only drain the tank and change the filter. You still have a bunch of oil in the pumps, motors, and hoses...

Lynden-Jeff
04-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Yah, they give you 3 oils. Honestly I dont know what comes in them from the factory. And changing all of the oil is basically impossible since you can really only drain the tank and change the filter. You still have a bunch of oil in the pumps, motors, and hoses...

If dino mixes with synthetic is that going to harm anything? Maybe I should just go with a dino? If so which out of the 2 would be better?

Cheers
Jeff