PDA

View Full Version : how many of you.....

outcold00
04-09-2007, 02:20 PM
prepare food at home for lunch for yourself, and how many go to like a wawa, or for people who dont know what a wawa is, like a subway, to get lunch for you, or you and your men? do you pay for lunch for your men or not? just wondering thx

Drew Gemma
04-09-2007, 04:55 PM
pack lunch work through lunch eat while we drive if were doing something other than mowing we take a lunch break.

Jake's Lawn Service
04-09-2007, 06:11 PM
I usually pack a lunch, otherwise it will get expensive if your buyin 5 or 6 $ lunches 5 days a week
Jake

AL Inc
04-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I ask my men to bring lunch every day. I will stop for something for myself or stop home to eat. I will buy lunch for them on some Saturdays, usually pizza or Chinese.

prizeprop
04-09-2007, 10:15 PM
When I work with my guys, I bring lunch.Usually a can of cold Chef Boyardee.My guys laugh and call me a cheep skate.

Bueller
04-09-2007, 10:24 PM
It can get a little expensive, but I am solo, and think about how many times that you have picked up an extra clean up while waiting for your sandwich, cuz someone saw your truck in the lot.

dcondon
04-09-2007, 10:32 PM
pack lunch work through lunch eat while we drive if were doing something other than mowing we take a lunch break.

We will do the same thing by eating from job to job. Sure saves a lot of time and money.

nmez21
04-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I will buy lunch for them on some Saturdays, usually pizza or Chinese.
PHEW! I hope you guys don't work on sundays :rolleyes: .

RedWingsDet
04-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Pack a lunch. Depending on the area we are in, there maynot be any fast food places, only high class places. PLUS I dont want to go somewhere new where the crew has never been, only because everyones stomach acts different, I dont want them getting sick, or FARTING the ENTIRE rest of the day. So they pack a lunch since its cheaper, eaiser, and they make what they want, so obvisouly, hopefully they wouldnt make themselves sick.

topsites
04-10-2007, 08:15 AM
The only consideration I have for packing lunch is money, but I usually don't.
Wawa / Sheetz, Subway, McD's and Tacobell's dollar stuff, but I also like the mom & pop places.

dmc337
04-10-2007, 09:01 AM
I try not to eat lunch...slows me down for the rest of the day. If my guy doesn't bring anything and gets hungry, I'll stop somewhere for him, and get a drink for myself.

Grits
04-10-2007, 05:17 PM
I try not to eat lunch...slows me down for the rest of the day. If my guy doesn't bring anything and gets hungry, I'll stop somewhere for him, and get a drink for myself.

Agree. No time for eating. and if I do eat, it makes me want to take a nap.

LwnmwrMan22
04-10-2007, 06:46 PM
I stop, usually walk in and get it to go. It's hard to get the Quad Cab Dodge pulling the 24' V-Nose enclosed trailer through the drive through.

Sometimes I'll go out of my way to get something to eat that I'm craving.

Sometimes I'll go to a buffet.

Sometimes I'll eat at a sit down place, but that's usually only if my wife and kids are meeting me.

Usually it's fast food or KFC buffet. Yes, it gets expensive, especially when you eat lunch AND supper / dinner out. You look at $7-8 for lunch, $10 for dinner. Now I work 7 days / week in the summer, never stop, only have a 6 month season here in MN, so you're looking probably $120 give or take / week for food.

Multiply that by 20, and I'll spend $2500 / summer eating.

If it bothered me, I guess I'd have to change. It doesn't, so I don't. I eat what I want, when I want. Usually an apple / water for breakfast, then an early lunch / 10ish. Then I'm good until 6-7 pm, or later if I'm really pushing hard to finish a large property, then grab a 14" pizza and eat it on the way home.

I eat when I get hungry, sometimes 2 times / day, sometimes 5 times / day, especially if I'm working a 16-18 hour day. You have to keep your body happy, or it's going to make you sad.

RedMax Man
04-12-2007, 03:35 PM
You kidding me who needs to make or buy lunch. I just scrape some of that nice green grass off the mower deck.;) I'm a vegetarian:laugh:

hackitdown
04-13-2007, 02:31 PM
I pack a small sandwich, and also anything that I can stuff down while driving to the next stop...a banana, apple, snack bar, etc. I also bring a huge container of iced tea with loads of ice, the ice melts by the end of the day, and is consumed. Too much food all at once makes me feel tired, especially when it is hot.