PDA

View Full Version : Weird idle with 19Hp kawi

Lynden-Jeff
04-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey,

Did a tuneup on my ZT-219 with 19 HP kawasaki. Replace the air filter, fuel filter and did an oil/filter change. Haven't done the plugs yet. When I fire it up and put it to low throttle it revs really low like its about to stall and then comes back up. Its not a quick Up down up down but more gradual. Could it be due to stale gas? Its fine all half/full throttle. The gas has been in there since before the winter so im pretty sure its gone stale.

Thanks
Jeff

Restrorob
04-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Drain the old fuel and install fresh, Then replace the plugs. Post if it still does this, Could need a carb. clean after sitting with fuel in it all winter.

Lynden-Jeff
04-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Drain the old fuel and install fresh, Then replace the plugs. Post if it still does this, Could need a carb. clean after sitting with fuel in it all winter.

Hey,

Will try and run some seafoam through it. How difficult is cleaning out the carb? Im trying to learn how to do some of this stuff my self, im pretty mechanically inclined.

Cheers
Jeff

Restrorob
04-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Will try and run some seafoam through it.

http://www.gtr-game.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/lac.gif

This may be helpful....

Lynden-Jeff
04-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Would adding seafoam to the gas help clean things out? Says it cleans carbs, now I don't know how well but may it save a cleaning?

Cheers
Jeff

Restrorob
04-09-2007, 09:06 PM
I have bought 3 brands of upholstery cleaner to clean the seats in my Jeep, Did any of them work ? NO ! I couldn't see any difference and they are not that bad.

I don't know if that stuff will work, Give it a try ! I just don't believe in stuff like that.

Now, Taking the carb. apart and shooting carb & choke spray cleaner with the little straw through all the little ports and passages will work.

Lynden-Jeff
04-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey,

Thanks man, will let you know how it goes.

Cheers
Jeff

robbo521
04-10-2007, 12:41 AM
seafoam is great on boat motors,i do know that to be very true!