PDA

View Full Version : Landpride ZTR ??

Mowingman
07-29-2001, 11:44 PM
Our local New Holland tractor dealer told me they might start selling a line of commercial mowers made by Landpride. I checked out the Landpride website, but it did not show any commercial type mowers. Has anyone heard of these mowers, or seen one? Just kind of curious about this new? mower line.:confused:

Alanky
07-30-2001, 12:02 AM
I demoed a ZTR by them at the expo. In my opinion it was a an overall nice machine. The hydros were smooth and it had a very comfortable ride, not sure on how it cuts because at the expo you dont really cut with them. They are made by Hustler.

SLS
07-30-2001, 12:30 AM
One of our local John Deere dealers now has them.

I also demoed one back in the winter and thought it was a very nice machine. Did not get to cut any turf with it though...all dormant here in early Feb.

Very smooth in operation, was comfortable to ride, and appeared to be well built. I thought the gold paint was neat and really dug the CHROME wheels. :)

Seemed to be comparable to the Bobcats that were also available at this same John Deere dealer.

I wound up getting a Exmark Laser primarily because they have been around longer and have an excellent reputation for durability and customer satisfaction...besides the dealer I got it from was willing to deal so I only paid around $1500 more for the Exmark w/mulching kit than the asking price for the Landpride.

I did not know that they were produced by Hustler but that may explain why the Landpride seemed like a good machine...the Hustler Z's are quite popular and their owners typically seem to be very pleased with their purchases.

I hope that you get to demo one soon....

...or better yet just go ahead and spring for a Laser Z! ;)

PEACE! :)

BerksLawn
07-30-2001, 07:59 PM
The landpride ztr is the exact same as the hustler z.

Mowingman
07-30-2001, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I sent an e-mail to Landpride this evening, and have already got an e-mail reply from their local factory rep. He will be bringing a demo by soon. Sounds like they might have a pretty good machine from what I hear about the Hustler. They will be sold here in town by the New Holland farm equip. dealer, who has an excellent reputation.