PDA

View Full Version : Need help on a mowing estimate....

Mr Priceless
04-09-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm currently bidding on a 135x255 (34,425 sq ft) piece of property, foot tall grass (hasn't seen spinning blades yet this year), fairly flat, squarish land with a shallow ditch, with erm...about 75 trees dispersed all over the property:hammerhead: , and 2-3 significantly large piles of limbs (that i will mow/trim around)... it really puzzles me how the grass can have such a fast growth rate in mostly shade all day:confused:

I am acquainted with who owns it, and it's one of 3 properties pretty close to each other that I'm prolly bidding on as a package....the other 2 properties were pretty easy to estimate....i'll possibly use a quarter of a tank of gas to get to this property at 2.68 a gallon, and I will provide the basic mow/trim/blow n go service....your input?

Mr Priceless
04-09-2007, 05:37 PM
bump...:waving:

bohiaa
04-09-2007, 08:12 PM
it's allways hard to give someone a bid sight unseen....

and in this case I or "we" dont even know the going rate in your area...

sorry, jsut to hard to say

KS_Grasscutter
04-09-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm currently bidding on a 135x255 (34,425 sq ft) piece of property, foot tall grass (hasn't seen spinning blades yet this year), fairly flat, squarish land with a shallow ditch, with erm...about 75 trees dispersed all over the property:hammerhead: , and 2-3 significantly large piles of limbs (that i will mow/trim around)... it really puzzles me how the grass can have such a fast growth rate in mostly shade all day:confused:

I am acquainted with who owns it, and it's one of 3 properties pretty close to each other that I'm prolly bidding on as a package....the other 2 properties were pretty easy to estimate....i'll possibly use a quarter of a tank of gas to get to this property at 2.68 a gallon, and I will provide the basic mow/trim/blow n go service....your input?

You still wanting my 30 inch Dixon? I am wanting to get it GONE so I can get a 33" WB mower of my own and not have to constantly borrow one...

Mr Priceless
04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
i'm still tryong to rack up the payments...a big customer recently shafted me half of what i charged... what's the advantage of using a 33" whereas your 30" dixon won't be helpful/useful?

Mr Priceless
04-09-2007, 10:33 PM
i'm not really sure what the going rate is...competition is scarce here...

KS_Grasscutter
04-09-2007, 10:44 PM
i'm still tryong to rack up the payments...a big customer recently shafted me half of what i charged... what's the advantage of using a 33" whereas your 30" dixon won't be helpful/useful?

Well, for starters the 33 inch WB fits on the trailer with the 50 inch Dixon, whereas both Dixons dont fit on the trailer with the grass catchers on. Too bad we gotta bag every damn blade of grass we cut here...:hammerhead: :cry: