PDA

View Full Version : search what search?????

strickdad
07-30-2001, 01:48 AM
i keep seeing people getting ill about others not useing the search feature on this site .some with good reason some without . (there are alot of the same questions asked here week after week) to me (only my thoughts) the screen is so" busy" with all the different features and banners that the search button gets lost. maybe it should be highlighted or moved to a different part of the screen away from the rest of the yellow feature buttons..... just a thought....

LAWNGODFATHER
07-30-2001, 02:21 AM
Search is also located under Forum Jump

LGF:blob3:

Guido
07-30-2001, 12:05 PM
Maybe someone should have "searched" around at the top of the screen, because the search button is highlighted, and yellow of all colors!

Guido
07-30-2001, 12:37 PM
Did you notice when you started this new post there was a HUGE banner at the top of the new post page:

"Before you start a new discussion please use the SEARCH feature"

I think the admin here has taken a step in the right direction. BUT, you can take a horse to the water..........

All that the concerned members here were saying all these times was that its hard for us to find new and intresting threads when there are 50 a day on "How much do I charge?" , "How do I stripe?", and "Whats the best equipment for cutting grass?" run the good ones off the page. Its a PITA to sort through all the BS. And if the same dumb questions weren't enough, I have to hear about your buddy's uncle's cousin borrowing your equipment and bringing your chainsaw to a friends house dull and his dad's mad cause you haven't cut his tree down yet!?? :confused:

Well, its getting better, and I hope you agree that LS is doing a good job promoting the resources available on this site to keep it known as THE BEST!

jeffyr
07-30-2001, 12:52 PM
Everyone is guilty of starting a repatitious thread sometime.

LGF ,
not to single you out, but since you are a big advocate of the search, which aerator is perfect anyway ?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=18262

Did you search "aerator" before posting this ?

I am as guilty as the next guy . Sometimes My particular problem is soooo more important than everyone elses that I have to know--How sharp should I sharpen MY blades ? I don't care how sharp the other 100 people that responded to the other 30 posts on that topic do it. I want to know about MINE !

LOL. :D

strickdad
07-30-2001, 01:07 PM
kudos jeffr, ps guido all the features are yellow so no its not highlighted ... as for using the jump feature again its hidden and not emphzised ..

Guido
07-30-2001, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by strickdad
kudos jeffr, ps guido all the features are yellow so no its not highlighted ... as for using the jump feature again its hidden and not emphzised ..

Yellow Highlight is Yellow Highlight. If they're not inteligent enough to find the search button, they shouldn't be allowed to use a computer.

You never responded about the big bold statement that pops up when you start a new thread and has a different colored link to the search feature.

Is that as hidden as the other 2 ways to get there?

Administrator
07-30-2001, 01:30 PM
Does that help?

strickdad
08-01-2001, 02:46 AM
absolutely. now crunch your numbers and see if actually does