PDA

View Full Version : Chevy vs. GMC

Petr51488
04-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Is there any real difference between the chevy and the gmc's? Other than style? I plan on buying a fully loaded crew cab long bed. I'm not a real fan of the chevy's front end. I also drove by a gmc lot today and took a look at the 2500 gmc's and really like them over the chevy's. From what i remember, the interior even looked the same. Any thoughts?

dcondon
04-09-2007, 10:28 PM
I think you will find they are going to be the same. I would go with the dealer that had the best service dept.

Petr51488
04-09-2007, 10:55 PM
I think you will find they are going to be the same. I would go with the dealer that had the best service dept.

Service is the last thing on my mind. I have to like the truck. With the service, i can search around. I need to decide on the chevy, or the gmc for now.

dcondon
04-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Service is the last thing on my mind. I have to like the truck. With the service, i can search around. I need to decide on the chevy, or the gmc for now.

Then what are you asking us for then???? Go try both of them out and see what one you like best.:hammerhead:

Petr51488
04-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Then what are you asking us for then???? Go try both of them out and see what one you like best.:hammerhead:

I'm asking if there are any differences between the two. Not the interior, but how they are made, how they handle, the quietness etc..

mike lane lawn care
04-09-2007, 11:04 PM
GMC is gonna have some more comfort options, like leather, and power sliding rear windows and other little details. I like GMC's look over the chevy's a lot better, also, for those buying used, GMC's sierra came out with onsatr way before chevy aded it to their silverado line.

Petr51488
04-09-2007, 11:14 PM
GMC is gonna have some more comfort options, like leather, and power sliding rear windows and other little details. I like GMC's look over the chevy's a lot better, also, for those buying used, GMC's sierra came out with onsatr way before chevy aded it to their silverado line.

Chevy also has leather. The one thing i noticed is that the gmc has aluminum around the center console and wood above it, while the chevy has the wood trim everywhere. Those huge corner chrome caps throw off the truck completely

Petr51488
04-09-2007, 11:16 PM
Take a look at the two trucks. The color might have something to do with it, but i doubt it.

terrapro
04-10-2007, 07:45 AM
exact same trucks mechanical wise. always has been always will be. the only differences are the available options for interior and slight exterior details

why dont you like the front suspension? atleast its not the double I-beams like on fords:hammerhead:

Petr51488
04-10-2007, 08:22 AM
exact same trucks mechanical wise. always has been always will be. the only differences are the available options for interior and slight exterior details

why dont you like the front suspension? atleast its not the double I-beams like on fords:hammerhead:

Thanks for the response. Its not the suspension that i don't like, its the way it looks. Those huge chrome corner caps throw off the whole truck completely. The gmc looks a hell of a lot better.

You wouldn't happen to know the interior differences would you? Most dealers don't know much about their trucks. Usually theres 1 person that knows everything about a certain year of a truck. I was hoping one of you guys out there would. Maybe you're in the same situation i am.

1cooltreeguy
04-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Heck no - driven both - they are the same. Have 2 chevy d'maxs' - Both are great - low noise in cab - both are crew cab, long beds, 4wd, 3500 non duallly. We love these trucks - great fuel mileage. Have upgraded computer chips. enlarged exhaust and aftermarket breathers. Go with PRICE and service reputation. Warranty is good.

Petr51488
04-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Heck no - driven both - they are the same. Have 2 chevy d'maxs' - Both are great - low noise in cab - both are crew cab, long beds, 4wd, 3500 non duallly. We love these trucks - great fuel mileage. Have upgraded computer chips. enlarged exhaust and aftermarket breathers. Go with PRICE and service reputation. Warranty is good.

Do you have a picture of your trucks? What year are they?

Petr51488
04-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Anyone else have a preference on the two?

LawnBoy89
04-11-2007, 12:17 AM
They are both ugly....get a ford....actually even the 08 Fords are ugly I would get a leftover 07 GMC duramax

ALarsh
04-11-2007, 12:54 AM
I'd say go GMC.

waterboy1
04-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Well, I'm a Ford guy, but I like the GMC better. I have also seen that the GMC's hold their resale value a little better also.

Jason

CompletePropertyCare
04-11-2007, 11:04 AM
When it comes down to it, they have different badges - thats it

mini14
04-15-2007, 07:09 AM
better resale on the gmc...gmc should be a little more comfortable too

dozerman21
04-15-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm not crazy about the new styles when they're stock, but I love how they look lifted!

deere615
04-15-2007, 10:59 AM
I own a 2003 chevy 1500 4x4 and its a very nice truck. I am not yet a big fan of the new 2007 body styles, but I do agree the gmc has a much nicer "work truck" front end. I have been around fords much and I started liking the f250's and f350's. I would definetly make sure the one you get is comfortable since you will always be riding in it, but I would be leaning towards the gmc.

deere615
04-15-2007, 11:02 AM
from a distance they almost look like Dodges:nono: :gmctruck:

terrapro
04-16-2007, 08:14 AM
from a distance they almost look like Dodges:nono: :gmctruck:

or if youve seen the new fords they also look very similar

those dern dodge fans started a new trend in ugliness :hammerhead:

capelawncare.com
04-16-2007, 09:09 AM
They are the same exact truck except for some trim differences. GM builds both of them. As for the options.... all new vehicles have a variety of options. including engine choices. Make sure you are comparing apple's to apple's when it comes to your options, and engine. Then from there...make your decision based on price, appearance and service.

deere615
04-16-2007, 02:11 PM
or if youve seen the new fords they also look very similar

those dern dodge fans started a new trend in ugliness :hammerhead:

LOL, I not yet a big fan of the Ford F150 But I always loved the Super Duties

Petr51488
04-16-2007, 02:22 PM
They are the same exact truck except for some trim differences. GM builds both of them. As for the options.... all new vehicles have a variety of options. including engine choices. Make sure you are comparing apple's to apple's when it comes to your options, and engine. Then from there...make your decision based on price, appearance and service.

They will both have diesel engines, leather, navi, crew, long box. I am just now hoping that they will have an employee discount this year. That would save me at least 10k on the sticker price. Let's just hope for that.

ALarsh
04-16-2007, 09:37 PM
They will both have diesel engines, leather, navi, crew, long box. I am just now hoping that they will have an employee discount this year. That would save me at least 10k on the sticker price. Let's just hope for that.

I hate to say it but I highly doubt the employee discount because this a new body style.