PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have a garbage billy goat power vac?

instyle
04-10-2007, 12:24 AM
I bought a Billy Goat power Vacuum last year, I bought the moel with the chipper built in, but after using it all year, I now wish I never had the chipper....the blade is just way to heavy for the motor.
I am looking for an impeller of a differant one...with out the chipper option.
Thanks

thesargent
04-10-2007, 01:41 AM
this doesnt really belong in the pictures forum, does it?

instyle
04-10-2007, 11:06 AM
haha, while I was veiwing some of your pics I had a great thought....I will try to buy an old garbage billy goat. Not even thinking I was in the pics forum still. OOPS!!

lawnpro724
04-12-2007, 09:58 PM
What size engine do you have on it? I have a cub chipper vac w/9hp commercial engine and it does ok with smaller branches but most of the time I just use it as a vac.

instyle
04-15-2007, 11:54 AM
i only have I 5 hp on it. I have never used the chipper and prob never will. But the sheer weight of the chipper/impeller makes it very hard to start and takes about 15 seconds to turn off. The machine is way underpowered.

Idealtim
04-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Have you tried taking the blades/anvils off to reduce weight? And if you are using it as a vac only the extra weight should be a good thing, right? Yes, once it bogs down it takes a little bit longer to get it back up to speed but the extra initial inertia should make it harder to bog down in the first place.